(Sorry for no pictures - my computer is not cooperating today!)
10 Seemingly Ordinary Things That Bring You Joy
1. Animals. Not just my own sweeties, but ones I see all of the time, whether another dog on a walk when I'm on my way to work, a cat sitting in a window, birds and squirrels all over the place. Animals of all kinds make me happy (including stuffed animals from my childhood!).
2. Trees. They all have stories.
3. Flowers. They make me smile.
4. Teapots. Yes, they provide nice hot tea when you fix it, but they are pleasing to look at as well. Even plain ones are happy ones.
5. Letters. Nothing is better than a handwritten letter, and they are increasingly rare.
6. Books. Even just seeing books on a shelf is pleasing to me.
7. Tomatoes. Real tomatoes that you can only get in the summer. (They are one of the very few things I like about summer.) Nothing tastes better than a real, fresh tomato.
8. Our washer and dryer. When we first moved into our house, I couldn't wait to show everyone our very own washer and dryer. Such luxuries!
9. Music. Instrumental or vocal, I like most kinds and I always have some kind of music going through my head.
10. Waking up. Because it's never guaranteed.
What about you? Do you treasure the ordinary?