Yesterday was Leap Day, and alas, I did not get to enjoy it as one should when one gets an extra day in their year - an extra day! I hope I'm around in another four years, so I can plan to enjoy the next one ... but it's March, and that's one of my most favorite months, so it's all good.
Anyhoo, this week for Ten on Tuesday, Carole wants us to list 10 Things You Would Do With An Extra Hour In The Day. When I first read this, I thought "WHAT - I get an extra hour and I have to do ten things??!!" Then I decided that I was going to interpret it as meaning, if someone gave you an extra hour in your day, list ten things you could choose from, depending on time of day, time of year, my mood, etc. So here is my list in no particular order.
1. Sleep. Though if I sleep during the day, it usually means I'm sick, so this would have to be an extra hour at night. (Seriously. I can be dead on my feet, and I decide to take a nap and I AM WIDE AWAKE.)
2. Take a walk.
3. Take a bike ride along the river trail.
6. Nothing. Hey's it an EXTRA HOUR. I might want to just sit and enjoy it. Especially if it's a nice day, and I could sit outside with Dug.
7. Write a letter.
8. Make some muffins or scones.
9. Think. Remind myself of all the good in my life, so I feel like smiling and giving thanks.
10. Clean up the garden so we can sit out there when the weather permits.
Granted, these are all things I do/can do with a 24-hour day. But I have to say that the idea of being "given" an extra hour is appealing. :-)