Yes, I know that is not the Spanish word for "Friday" - deal with it.
Hooray for Friday! Hooray for Cinco de Mayo! This has been a tough week, let me tell you. It's always hard to come back after a vacation, so that was a given. But I still have a cold, and the cough is just painful and relentless, and it's been hard to get a good night's sleep. Then at work, I was called into the President's Office and lambasted for being rude to a "VIP" on a tour. Last week, when I was in Puerto Rico. Apparently my rudeness spans the time-space continuum. I did mention that I was not here next week, and the response was "Nevertheless, remember to be polite in the future." Grrrr. Work is quite possibly the only place where I actually am so polite it is somewhat sickening.
Anyway, moving on.
So it's Friday, and it's Cinco de Mayo, and The Tim told me that tonight he is making guacamole. Therefore, all is right with the world. :-) Guacamole cures all for me.
And now it's time for my Friday-o Cinco:
1. Trumpcare. I hope it is called that for all time, particularly since I know it annoys him. I hope the Senate does something to prevent it passing altogether, especially since one of the meds I use twice a day, every single day could possibly go from $30.00 for a month's worth, to $420 a month. But the real thing that upsets me is that it appears that it's more important for rich people to get their way, than for kindness to prevail. I will never be OK with that.
2. Jetsam. Poor kitty, he had his teeth cleaned this week, and they had to pull a bunch of them, because he has tooth resorption, which I'd never heard of until they said Pip had it. Anyway, he is fine, but you can tell he is uncomfortable. I'm looking forward to giving him extra cuddles this weekend. He is such a sweetie, and a good cat, that it is extra sad to see him not being his usual self.
3. The Tim has to work both days this weekend, which sucks, but since the weather is supposed to be less than stellar, at least we're not missing prime outside time. I have to say, I'm enjoying what actually seems like springtime weather for a change. Usually we have a couple of day that make you happy, thinking spring has arrived, and then it's 90 degrees and humid for the duration.
4. We went to see "Mark Twain Tonight!" with Hal Holbrook last night, and it was so great. Holbrook is still doing the show, and he is 90 years old! It was amusing, topical, poignant, and amazing that someone that age can still do a nearly two-hour, one-man show that is fresh and entertaining. If you have to live that long, that has to be the best way to age.
5. Knitting. This weekend may be the weekend where things are tried, and hopefully even accomplished. I am nearly done with sock #1 of my Mojito socks, so they are my happy knitting and consolation if other things don't work out well. I may attempt the Afterthought Heel on my other pair of socks, and/or sewing together the blocked pieces of my Custom Fit sweater. Before attempting either activity, I shall make certain there is plenty of wine in the house ...
What about you? Are there at least 5 things that are rolling around in your brain today? Now that I've shared those, I can concentrate on the important things rolling around in mine (a. the weekend, b. GUACAMOLE).
Whatever is rolling around in your brain, or whatever your weekend plans are, have a good one!
Oh ... and: