17 July 2019

Knitting, Reading, Sweating

Hello all, and I hope if you are anywhere in the heat wave, you have some way to keep cool.  Though frankly, it's so hot and humid here that even if you are in air conditioning (which is not always the case), after about half an hour you still feel kinda sick.  Ugh.

I thought I would join Kat and everyone today for Unraveled Wednesday, especially since it's been awhile since I've added myself to the mix there.

The last time I showed you my Pabaigh, I was just above the bottom ribbing.  I've made quite a bit of progress, even if this photo doesn't look all that different to most of you.  I have about 3-4 more inches to go before I will be ready to split for the sleeves, etc.  So it's moving along and I'm enjoying the knit.  


On the reading front, I'm about a third of the way through this book:


It was one of those "if you liked ____, you might enjoy this" on Goodreads, and it was also very inexpensive to get for my Nook ($2.99, I think).  It's very readable, and I'm enjoying reading about old-timey San Francisco in the late 1870s.  

I've also finished one shortie sock (which I failed to photograph), and am ready to start the second one, and I have still not started the second half of my cross-stitch project.  That will likely happen this coming weekend, when I will have some daylight hours to begin it, which makes the stitches and the squares on the fabric easier to see when you are just starting.

And that's that for today.  I'm off to see what others are knitting and reading, etc., and you should feel free to check it out too.  In the meantime, have a good one and keep cool!

10 comments:

Bonny said...

Your Pabaigh is looking good, and I hope you can work on it and your cross-stitch in relatively non-sweaty conditions.

Nance said...

We're in the heatwave, too, along with the remnants of Barry. What hideous weather! The landscaping and herb garden love it, but it's driving me batty.

At least my books have arrived, and I've got two knitting projects to work on. We'll be knitting and reading together during The Siege!

AsKatKnits said...

I agree, your Pabaigh is looking wonderful! And, yes... this heat...sigh. (Although the peppers in my garden are so happy with it...so there's that!)

Araignee said...

I hate weather like this. I would rather be in the middle of a snowstorm than a heat wave anytime. At least you can get out in it and do something. Just opening the door is bad enough right now. I would die if the AC went out.

Dee said...

Hope work has the a/c cranked up for you. It's crazy humid out there.

As they say --- it's not the heat, it's the humidity. As a former Florida girl .... I agree with that. The heat I can take.

Vera said...

Yup, as my friend Leslie says, it's fugly out there! I ran an errand earlier and my glasses fogged up as I left my office building. Hope you can stay a little bit cool!

Kwizgiver said...

Your Pabaigh is gorgeous! That yarn looks so squishy and sumptuous!

KSD said...

Each time we come in from outside, Tap and I fight for prime Under the Ceiling Fan space. How does Hamlet do when it's this hot?

Honoré said...

Read and knit on! Love the Pabaugh's color. Stay cool .
Cheers~

Jane said...

I love the red in your knitting. Yep - it is miserable weather. I went out to get groceries today because tomorrow is supposed to be hotter. Yikes. I'm intrigued by your mystery. I do like to be able to check books out on my Kindle.