26 February 2020

Not Much to Report from Here

That's the truth.  Last weekend was fine - nothing much to report, except that I did dedicate part of my Sunday afternoon to another cooking/baking session that was successful.  I made a big pot of creamy potato soup with roasted brussels sprouts, and some applescotch crisp.  We ate the soup on Monday night for dinner and I had some leftover for lunch yesterday and now sadly it's gone - but it was pretty yummy, let me tell you.  And we finished the crisp last night, so that's it for this round of cooking ahead.

I did make a swatch for my sweater project on a set of smaller needles as I had planned, and the good news is that using smaller needles, I was able to get the proper gauge, which was pleasing.  However, that's as far as I made it at the moment.  I also have my yarn and pattern ready for this coming Sunday, when my friend Andrea and I are starting a sock KAL for March.  I spent a little bit of time on Sunday doing another square on my Cozy Squares of Memory blanket, and I did lengthen a pair of socks for The Tim over the weekend, but have otherwise not knit a stitch since then.  I haven't even really done that much reading over the past few days.

No, I'm not sick or anything, or even suffering from a lack of mojo - I'm just really really tired.  I know that I have mentioned in passing that they are "renovating" our space at work (I put that in quotation marks because, well, it's more of a spruce up and not really a nice one, but I digress).  Anyhow, it's close to being finished, and we are moving stuff back in to the space now.  Which is a very slow and tedious process, being that with all of the $$$ they spent, they were too cheap to pay for movers for the bulk of the stuff.  So it's up to us to get it done.  The custodial staff has helped with the truly heavy or extra large things, but the rest is all us.  And it is exhausting, as I'm sure you can imagine.  Yesterday by the time I left work, I realized that I had been on my feet, lifting, shifting, and pushing carts except for the 30 minutes I took for lunch. 

So I do not have the physical or mental energy to do anything other than just sit and stare at the TV.  Fortunately, we have a lot of stuff in our to-be-watched queue! 

The rest of the week will likely be the same, so I probably won't have anything "exciting" to tell you about or projects to show you.  I am hoping that I will be able regroup enough to get started on things this coming weekend.   The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak - so to speak!  :-)

Today is Ash Wednesday, and I have been able to organize my thoughts for Lent and am ready to go as far as that is concerned.  But whatever you are busy with, or not doing, I hope all is well and that here at the middle of the week, you are in a happy and/or content state of mind. 

4 comments:

Nance said...

This time of year, it's not uncommon to feel really tired. (And I have to advocate for taking some Vitamin D.)

Coming from public education, I certainly understand having being used for free labour in addition to the normal rigors of your usual job. When our new school was built, who do you think had to pack up her entire classroom, including all texts and equipment, label and inventory it, and then do the reverse in the new classroom?

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Ugh - an old company I worked for moved to a new office down the street. The owner was so cheap, he refused to pay for movers. Instead, he told the entire staff they had to take a Saturday to do it (desks, furnituer, storage, everything. Oh - and they weren't getting paid - just getting pizza. I was the only exception - he told me I didn't have to help because of my back issues... but it was really because he knew I knew the labour laws back to front and he knew I would refuse anyway. He didn't want me making a scene. I didn't stay long at that job... he was such a scammer.

Araignee said...

That's what us teachers go through twice every year. We have to knock down and pack away every blessed thing in our rooms every summer and then haul it back in and unpack it just a few weeks later when school starts again. It wears you out. It never made a lick of sense to me.

AsKatKnits said...

Oh boy. I hate when work takes the life out of you! Sending you some good mojo (and just enough to-be-watched things to soothe you!)

And, yes... I had some schmutz on my forehead today. I am good to go for the next 40 days! :)