23 August 2021

I'm Back With an FO!

Hello all!  I'm back after taking a week to just be, and I appreciate all of the support and understanding from all of you.  The universe and my personal issues just all piled on, and I needed some time to do as little as possible that wasn't absolutely required.  So I'm feeling better enough to function better, which is good because it's not like I have a choice to just stop everything all together, you know?

Anyway, I do have an FO to show you, so that's re-starting on a positive note!  You probably remember that I showed you this sock-in-progress a while ago:


And then shared when one was completed:


Well, here's the whole shootin' match, to use an expression of my mother's:


Project:  Summer Shortie Socks
Pattern:  My own vanilla sock pattern, adjusted to be shortie socks
Yarn:  Mandi's Makings Sock, in the colorway 2021 Summer Sock Camp
Needles: US size 0 and size 1
Notes:  When I saw these sock sets on the Crazy Sock Lady's podcast, I really really liked them, and decided if I could get a set in one of the updates, it was OK to treat myself.  So I was truly thrilled when it worked out!  I had already decided to make shortie socks, because that seemed more summery to me.  I used US size 0 needles (9 inch circs) for the cuff, legs, and foot, and then reverted to my usual US size 1 dpns for the heel and toe.  

I'm really happy with the way they turned out.  This is a really pretty color of yellow, and I like the accent it adds to the pair.  Even better, I have enough yarn left to make a regular pair, so you will likely see this combination again sometime in the future.

*****
Of course, once I finished them, I had only one of my started-earlier-in-the-summer projects left - my summer tee.  So I have been working on that because I get into these mindsets that I like to finish all of the projects in a group before I cast on new things, or at least before I spend a lot of time on them.  And my poor summer tee had been neglected for a while, through no fault of its own.  But yesterday I did the bind off for the body, so now it just needs sleeves and not only will it be finished, but I might be able to wear it before the weather cools down.  (Frankly at this point I'm wondering if the weather will ever cool down again, but that's just me.)  So I'm going to try and finish that while deciding what pair of socks and what other projects will be next.

Also, for any Christmas in July prize winners, I mailed your packages this past Saturday, so they are on their way to you.  The post office within walking distance of our house got flooded in one of the rainstorms we had recently, so I had to wait until The Tim was home and the car was available to take the packages to another post office nearby.  So I know it's been a wait, but hopefully they will arrive safe and sound and SOON!

Here's hoping the week will be OK for all of us.  As of right now, I don't have anything specific coming up, so maybe it will just be one of those routine weeks, where being boring is a good thing.  😀

10 comments:

Dee said...

My lovely gift arrived today .............pretty amazing since it only went out on Saturday. I love it!!!!!

The shortie socks are so cute and that is a perfect summery color.

Hope you are feeling better soon. It's been a summer of crazy, hasn't it.

Caffeine Girl said...

I am obsessed with the events in Afganistan, but my husband has told me he doesn't want to hear another word. Of course, I am honoring his request! I'm glad you took the time you needed.
Your shortie socks are darling. What a fun finish!

Alison said...

Hello. Here in NZ we are in a full lockdown after the Delta variant got into the community. Day 7 and we are all still in the “yay I'm on holiday” phase. But the chinks are starting to show, my emotional health is slipping so I can just imagine how bad it has been for those of you who have had this for months and months. Thanks so much for coming back with your quirky cheerfulness.

Vera said...

Your shortie socks turned out so nice - love the colors in the yarn. I am so ready for FALL in so many ways!!

Kym said...

Breaks are so good for the soul! Necessary, too. I'm so glad you were wise enough to take the time you needed (and I'm glad you're back). Here's to "boring" weeks! XO

Ellen D. said...

Thanks again for my Christmas in July treats!
Your socks turned out great! Love the colors!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Great socks! Love the yellow!

Araignee said...

Those socks are just fabulous!!!

Nance said...

Such cute socks. And I certainly hear you about being tired of this summer heat. I'm stuck indoors so much, I feel like it's winter. It is a trying time in many ways, and I feel like my job is to just stay emotionally healthy.

We shall overcome. XO

Mereknits said...

So glad your weary mind got a bit of rest. Blogging is fun, if it stresses you out on top of all the other life stresses than it is time for a break. Love your socks, very cheerful. Stay safe.