25 August 2021

Reading, Knitting, and Naming a New Winner

Thank you for all of the nice comments about my finished shortie socks.  I'm still working on deciding what socks are next, but I'll keep you posted.  

Today I've decided to join Kat and friends for Unraveled Wednesday.  Lately I've been doing a lot of reading - more than I've been knitting, actually.  But at this moment, I'm about 3/4 of the way through this book:


I forget when or how I heard of this, but I'm enjoying it.  I can't say it's going to be my favorite book ever, but most of the characters are interesting, and there's a lot to think about while reading it.

This past Sunday, I finished the body of my summer tee.  I had tried it on before getting to the bottom ribbing, to make sure it was still going OK, and I am really pleased with how it looks:


After this photo, I did in fact finish the ribbing, and now all I have to do is the sleeves.  I know they won't take long, because they are short sleeves, so I'm hoping to get started on them today.  It would be nice to have this finished, and actually wear it before summer ends!

Now for the last part of what the post title says.  I have waited a couple of weeks, and have not heard at all from the previously named winner of the Grand Finale prize for Christmas in July.  So this morning I returned to the random number generator to choose a new winner, and that person is:

!!!KSD!!!

I actually received a note from her earlier this summer, so I have her address handy.  Kim, I'll let you know when the package goes out so you can be watching for it.  I feel bad having to pick a second person, but as I said, the first named winner has had two weeks to respond, so it was time to move along.  😊

And that's it for today.  Have a good one!

12 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Tee is looking great! I love a round yoke

Ellen D. said...

I like your sweater - such a nice color! Looks great!
I usually read mysteries but this book sounds interesting for a nice change of genre. Thanks for the book recommendation.

Dee said...

Congrats to KSD. I can't wait to see what was in the package.

That blue is so pretty. Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

Caffeine Girl said...

That tee is so adorable. And it fits you perfectly!

Araignee said...

Love that tee! I am so envious of those who can get a knit to fit. I never can.

Lorette said...

Yay Kim!

I love the color of that tee!

Nance said...

The sweater is really lovely as it is now! It's a pretty pattern.

Vera said...

Such a pretty sweater - LOVE the color!

Kim in Oregon said...

Congrats to my twinster!

Kym said...

That tee looks GREAT, Bridget! It is going to be such a nice sweater to have in your wardrobe -- and I bet those short sleeves will take no time at all for you to finish up. XO
(And lucky Other-Kim!)

Jane said...

That tee looks great. I love the color and it fits you well.

karen said...

lovely sweater! I made that one in a cardigan and love wearing it.