22 February 2022

Random Things That Are Pleasing Me

Hello!  If you know me at all, you are not surprised that I'm starting with this reminder from Chemistry Cat:


I have an alarm set on my phone for 2:22 p.m., so I can text The Tim to wish him happy 2:22 on 2-2-22.  Which will amuse him, but also further convince him that I am a weirdo. Ask me if I care. 😉

BUT - the numbers fun doesn't end there - for the rest of February, all of the dates are palindromes!  (Yesterday was too, but I got distracted and forgot to post.)  As Kermit would say:


Being that today happens to also be Tiny Needle Tuesday, I wanted to show you the result of my Stitchy Saturday work:


There are two mistakes, regarding spacing but I am choosing to ignore them.  I managed to finish the "Winter" on Saturday, and though it took me longer than it should have, I am happy with how it's going.

Yesterday afternoon, I had a dr appt and walking home, I took this photo from the Walnut Street bridge:


It was such a clear day, and the water on the Schuylkill River looked like glass.  It's not a glamorous view, but it pleases me because I can identify nearly everything in it.  

Then there are these two:


They are having a hard time, because they miss their Hamlet (as do we all, but you can't explain what happened to them).  They have been spending much more time than usual curled up together on his bed.  We love them so much!  And lest you see this photo and think they are a couple of angels, please know that at some point during every sweet scene like this, one of them wakes up and randomly bops the other one, leading to a hiss fight.


I took this picture of Pip on his birthday, which is Valentine's Day.  We postponed our Valentine's celebration until this past weekend because we had picked up Hamlet's ashes on February 14, but no way were we going to skip Pip's birthday, that wouldn't be fair.  He is such a sweetie, and really enjoyed his treats and the toy he got as a present.  Of course, Milo the Koodle has enjoyed it as well ... because nothing in our house belongs to anyone on their own!

*****
I wanted to say thank you for all the comments you left on my post from last week.  I got a bit carried away cleaning out my e-mail inbox, and accidentally deleted them before replying.  Then I tried to respond on Blogger, but those responses disappeared into the ether, so who knows what is going on there?  Whereas for a while, I wasn't getting any notifications of comments, now I get multiple notifications for each comment - so I guess it's feast or famine as far as that's concerned.  

That's it for now.  I hope you have some random things that are pleasing to you as well.  Take care.

8 comments:

Ellen D. said...

Lots of 2's but you have one missing in your message to Tim! Happy 2's Day!

Dee said...

Happy 2sday!

Pip and Milo are just like human siblings. Sometimes you love them. Sometimes you just need to swat the stupid off them.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Oh I had to steal that 2sday thing for the Bearbottom facebook page!

Pip has such a great face! I love how much darker Milo is too. Rupert is a dark ginger too. But we had a lighter one (Mom's old cat Russell) and when I was in my teens, I had a little ginger girl, but she was so light she was kind of peachy pink! Her name was Monkey.

Kim in Oregon said...

I was looking at your stitching (which looks amazing) and thought "oh, that's interesting, she has a pattern with a cat at the top" and realized that is a needle minder, which are my new obsessions. Happy 2-22-22!

Araignee said...

Happy 2-2-22! I never put it together today until I saw your post.

Kym said...

I loved all the TWOs yesterday! Such things amuse me, too. :-)
(I have a nephew who was born on 8/8/88. I've always thought it would so fun to say that every time anyone asked you to confirm your birth date.)
Enjoy your day, Bridget!
XO

Nance said...

Are orange cats not the best? Piper--my orange cat--is also a snuggly cuddler who will suddenly come to and start a smackfest with his sister (not an orange).

Finish the week strong, Bridget. Happy defiance is the best revenge.

karen said...

my heart breaks for you all, loving animals is so painful at times. How sweet the cats are lovely him by sleeping on his bed. I hope all the fond memories of his sweet life give you solace over time.