26 May 2023

Long Weekend Ahead

I hope those of you in the U.S. have a good Memorial Day weekend. I know for a lot of people, this is the "unofficial start of summer," and they look forward to it more than just about anything else. 

I don't like to think about the beginning of summer, my least favorite season, so I just look forward to the long weekend. 😊


But I do look forward to more choices for fresh fruits and veggies, particularly anything that includes "-berry" in its name. And later today, we are headed to WV for the holiday weekend, and it will be fun to see everyone and hang out on my sister's front porch.

And I'm looking forward to next week, when myself and The Tim are on vacation. We both were able to take the whole week off, so we have some day trips planned, and will likely try to do some of the kinds of things you need both people to do (i.e., bank stuff, home repair loan) - you know, not fun, but necessary to move forward with some things. But interspersed with the day trips, and without any other schedule, it will be wonderful. I'm not sure we could be more excited if we actually were going on a week-long trip!

So no matter what you are or are not celebrating, or where you are or are not going, I hope you enjoy this weekend, and can spend some time doing exactly whatever you're in the mood to do. 

And don't forget the reason for Memorial Day while you're at it. Brave people should always be remembered and honored.

5 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Enjoy your trip to see your sister as well as your vacation next week!

Araignee said...

I'm no fan of summer either and all this beautiful cool weather we're having is like a cruel tease of what summer could be.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Safe travels!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Our long weekend was this past Monday here in Canada (Victoria Day). I always take this week off for the gardens, but also because there's lot of fun stuff going on around us. I hope you and the Tim have a great week off!

Dee said...

Safe travels. Have a great time.

I'm also not a fan of summer. I had 33+ years of "endless summer" and that was enough for me.

Kym said...

As I welcome summer . . . I always think of you, Bridget. I wish you a cool and comfortable season, my friend, with plenty of shade, cool drinks, and strong fans! XO