14 November 2023

FO Post: Finished with Time to Spare

Hello all, I hope your week has started well. This is a busy one for us, but I wanted to show you my latest FO, which I hinted at last week.

You may remember when I showed the start to a pair of Christmas socks I was knitting to give to The Tim for his birthday:


Well, I finished them last week, with ten whole days until his birthday arrives, an I'm so excited that I finally did it! I've been wanting to do this for so long, and at last it really happened.

Christmas stripey goodness!

Project: Gingerbread Waffles
Pattern: Blueberry Waffle Socks, by Sandy Turner
Yarn: The Cozy Knitter Bliss Sock Yarn, in the colorway Gingerbread House
Needles: US 1/2.25 mm


Notes: I had this skein of Advent-striped yarn from the Cozy Knitter that I thought would be perfect for these. They are Christmas-y, but not only the bright colors - the muted greens and browns are colors I knew The Tim would like.

Originally I was just going to do plain socks, but then I remembered how much I had enjoyed making the Blueberry Waffle sock pattern a while back, and how soft and cushy the resulting socks were. And I just thought that would be a nice combination with this yarn and for these socks. The white yarn for the heel was a mini that accompanied the skein of yarn, and needless to say, I had a lot of it left, which will be nice for several other projects down the road.

As for the main skein, once the pair was finished, it turned out that I had less than a yard left of the main yarn - phew, I just made it! But I am really in love with the resulting socks, and I can't wait to give them to him this coming weekend. It's a fun pattern to knit, and the combination of the stripes and the pattern stitches made it really engaging and able to keep me going. 

I also know that he will really like them, and it just makes me happy to be able to give him a handmade pair of socks to wear during the holidays.

Now, to work on the fingerless gloves for him for Christmas, and maybe a holiday-themed something for myself! 😊

6 comments:

Kym said...

Those are GREAT socks, Bridget! Perfectly Christmas-y. Plus warm and charming, to boot! (Or maybe . . . to foot?) What a great gift. XO

Araignee said...

Oh, wow...those are some great stripes! Very handsome. Congrats on the timely finish.

Dee said...

Very nice!

Waffle rib really eats up the yarn!

KSD said...

Perfect, perfect colors.

Nance said...

Oh, those are really handsome socks. Love the white integrated heel. Bravo!

karen said...

beautiful socks!!