11 June 2010

Right Place, Wrong Time ...

To quote Lisa, le sigh.  We are headed to the same area of NY state this weekend where the Rhinebeck festival is during late October.  The Tim's brother is getting married (just one in a series of weddings for him, apparently), and since it gives us a chance to go someplace we haven't been, it seemed like a good time to go and do some exploring.  However, I find it most inconsiderate of them to choose this weekend - a hot one in June - when they could have chosen a lovely, cool, autumn-colorful wedding in late October that would just coincidentally mean I could go to the fiber festival.  God, people are so inconsiderate these days ...

You may have noticed that I did not post the pictures from our visit to the New Bolton Center last Saturday (see previous post).  Well, those are just one of many things I didn't get to this week.  It wasn't a terrible week, just a frustrating one in that no matter what plans I had (at home or at work) were completely decimated.  Now, for all I know, none of the pictures from last weekend turned out anyway, but we'll all just have to wait a little bit longer to find out.

For those of you who may have left a comment, and then felt it took too long for me to approve it for posting, I am sorry, but I only get a chance to sit at the computer and check in with the blog after I get home from work in the evenings.   So please do not feel that I am ignoring you.  Evenings are not always my most energetic time.  (As in ... never.)  But I do enjoy reading them and approving them once I have the chance. 

Oh, and Carrie - to answer your question, I'm not exactly sure what language I do want the lewd comments to be.  Maybe Esperanto?**


**When I was in about the third and fourth grades, our teachers would always tell us how, in the "future" (you know, 2000 or so), the U.S. would be part of just one big global happy family.  Part of this would mean that 1) we would be totally converted to the metric system, 2) we would be living in a paperless society, and 3) everyone, everywhere, would be speaking Esperanto.  I am pretty sure we would be doing all of this while zipping around in our personal jetpacks.

6 comments:

Carrie K said...

I had the same teachers, I think.

Ignoring us? There has to be some Non Computer Time.

Decimated plans. The story of my days lately. What's that old saw? we make plans and God laughs.

Anonymous said...

The NERVE of The Tim's brother! Doesn't he have the Compare-to-Important-Knitting-Events calendar?

I was told we were hurtling toward the metric system, but not paperlessness or Esperanto. Secretly, I hoped for jet packs.

Lynn said...

LOL Yes, we'd all be converted to metric. Hmmmmm. Still waiting on that one. Esp since my dd just learned abt cups, pints, quarts and gallons in 2nd grade!!! The closest thing we get to metric these days are the 2 liter bottles of soda we buy!

And even with computers we STILL use more paper than we should! (even though we have lost the fine art of letter writing with the addition of emails, facebook and twitter! Who needs to write a letter when people text all the time?

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

I hear you about the inconsiderate Wedding taking place in the heat of Summer.... what where they thinking - LOL Obviously he's not marrying a knitter....hope the marriage works out anyway.

Hoping to see you Pickled. Did I miss it?????

Lorraine said...

Bridget- Maybe you can supply your relatives with a list of the major fiber events, so they can plan these things accordingly.

Just a thought.

SissySees said...

Hrmph. I happen to be very fond of October weddings, but if they didn't care what you thought, I'm quite certain my opinion matters not.

And last week got away from me too. I was thinking this was a calm week, but it's trying to snowball too. I am claiming tonight as my own, just me and the fur-girls hanging out. We'd love to go for a run, but it's probably going to be 112 outside with humidity to match, so I'll Wii and that will upset Gretchen...