25 June 2010

Friday Factoids

1.  In six months, it will be Christmas. 
2.  And also a lot cooler.
3.  I have Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder.  Summer weather seriously depresses me.
4.  I am really not any sorrier now than I was a year ago when Michael Jackson died.  Sorry.
5.  But I am getting annoyed that it has become The Only News today.
6.  Being a sucker for a little kid in glasses, I feel especially terrible about the little boy who is missing in Oregon.
7.  For the first time in a LONG time, I have finished most of the knitting projects I had going.
8.  Except for the Pickle Cardigan, which I need to put together so I can knit the neck and buttonbands and finish it.
9.  I'm really looking forward to seeing a lot of my family tomorrow in Baltimore.
10.  I'm also looking forward to a three-day weekend next weekend with no plans at all.
11.  Why does that girl in the "Twilight" movies always look so miserable?
12.  I really really really hate that old man in the Six Flags commercials.
13.  I've just started reading The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell; so far, I really like it.
14.  Just when I figured out how to work things so I could pay bills according to when we each got paid, The Tim's pay schedule has been changed dramatically.
15.   OK, that's if for now.  Have a good weekend!

11 comments:

Jenn said...

I think that the girl from Twilight is so miserable because she only has 3 facial expressions.

Anonymous said...

You and I most definitely share #3. Wonder if they make a special lamp for us?

Kathleen Dames said...

What Jenn said :)

I hate when they change payment schedules. Messes up all our best-laid plans.

Guinifer said...

Well, seriously. Have you read any of those books? I'd be miserable, unless the only thing I cared about was money.

I found The Sparrow to be pretty devastating. The sequel less so.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

I would have to agree with most of your frivolous Friday factoids, and in particular, find that hot Summer weather seriously depresses me.

No pickle yet. I will be sorry when you are finally finished as I enjoy the name so much - LOL

Have fun doing nothing over the 4th!

SissySees said...

LOVED Sparrow and the sequel.

MIL beat you to informing me that yesterday was six months 'til Christmas.

I'm back to knitting, and WAY into my Cotty sock.

Quilting Mama said...

Thanks for not being any more sorry about MJ. Around here we just don't get it.
Hope the family time was fun.

Marie said...

I must heartily agree with nos. 4 & 5. Let the little weirdo rest in peace.

knitseashore said...

Re: #3, six months ago, summer could not get here fast enough. I finally feel warm, and human. I guess there's a season for everyone! But I totally agree with you about MJ. The whole thing is just too weird.

erin said...

ooh, loved The Sparrow -- Jesuits in Space! (read it when I was at SJU) -- actually love love love all of Mary Doria Russell. Enjoy!

Bookfool said...

I was traveling and totally missed the news on the anniversary of weirdo's death, thank goodness. I never was a Michael Jackson fan and can't quite figure out the big deal.

But, the kid in the glasses in Oregon? I'm curious how that worked out.

And, yeah . . . summer is hugely depressing. I was so thrilled to spend time in a cold state. Since we returned to miserable Mississippi, I've been kind of sitting around rotting between loads of laundry. Something mildewed while we were gone. I haven't quite figured out what, yet, but it sure does smell.