02 June 2010

What I Did Over the Holiday Weekend


Ah, Memorial Day weekend!  The only bad part was the heat and humidity, but otherwise it was quite enjoyable.  First of all, THREE DAYS OFF!  Then, I took the time to renovate the blog (what do you think?), and posted my 500th post (the one previous to this).  Of course, there were other activities as well.

For instance, look who was visiting for the weekend:


Doughboy!!

We had a great time, in spite of the fact that both of us thought it was too hot  ...


"This is the best spot - next to the fan, and the kitty bed.  I wonder where those kitties are?"

One of our walks was to the Farmer's Market, where we bought rhubarb and strawberries.  We came home and baked this:


Strawberry Rhubarb Sour Cherry Pie - YUM!

Also, there was finally available room for blocking finished items!  I managed to block this Lace Garter Shawl, that I started back when dinosaurs roamed the earth.  I am so pleased with how it turned out!


The weeked after this one, we are going to The Tim's brother's 400th wedding (OK, it's his 3rd wedding, but between him and his older brother, it feels like the 400th ...).  I am hoping to wear this at some point during that weekend, and if so, will try to get an action shot.  If you are absolutely dying to know the details, I'll update the Ravelry page for this in the next couple of days.

Once that was blocked and dry, I also blocked something else.  But that's for another post ...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty shawl....and adorable doggeh.
--Carol

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Love the new updated digs! A great way to celebrate your 500th post ;)

Yes, that shawl might have been begun before dinosaurs roamed the earth - but was it before you CO for your Clapotis? I think not! LOL

Chris said...

Happy 501st post! ;) I love the background picture.

Marie said...

Handsome dog. Lovely shawl. I'm glad you had a good holiday.

SissySees said...

Love that pie. I do hope it was served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a tall glass of milk?

The new look is awesome too!

Kathleen Dames said...

Mazel tov on your 500th post and congratulations on blocking that shawl. Doughboy looks like such a sweetie. Have fun at the wedding :)

Lisa said...

PIE!

Quilting Mama said...

A beautiful shawl, mouth watering pie, and cuddly dog...

Hope you enjoy the festivities even if not the event this weeked.

Lorette said...

New home! I love it! Have fun at the wedding, I want to see party photos!

Bookfool said...

I like your renovation and if you lived closer, I would definitely have snitched a bite of that pie (unless you were in a mood to fight me off). Hope the 400th wedding was fun.