14 April 2011

Hilarious C.A.T.s

That's what I have decided Jetsam and Pip would call themselves if they decided to become a rap duo.  Because yes, they are hilarious together, but they apparently think they are about ten times as funny as we do!  Which is a good thing, because it's clear that Jetsam is happy to have a playmate again, and Pip is just plain happy ...

The two of them have become best friends, though it's clear that now and again Jetsam would like the chance to be left alone and regroup.  As if.  Pip has two speeds - FAST and zonked out, so unless he's zonked, Jetsam doesn't have much of a chance to, er, relax.   Things are good for them both as a result - Jetsam has lost some weight, and Pip has a lot of his fur grown back where he had his surgery and IV. 

A few weeks ago, we had a gorgeous Saturday afternoon when everyone was home, so we decided to get at least a small start on cleaning up the garden, which had not been touched since last summer.  Of course the kitties joined us, and Pip was amazed to find out there was an outside to the house as well as an inside.

They had a good time, Jetsam checking things to make sure they smelled the way they should:


and Pip, sniffing and checking out everything - being particularly curious about noisy dead leaves:


After a while, a fire truck headed up the street at the end of ours, on its way with the sirens going, so Pip had to rush inside.  This led to several variations of the picture below, where the two cats tried to "attack" each other through window:


This seemed to be by far the most entertaining part of the afternoon for both of them.

Because of weather and/or other things going on, we haven't been out in the garden to make any more progress, but it's finally starting to feel like spring might be actually sticking around for more than just a day or so.  I'm glad because I really enjoy spring, and also because the garden needs more work!  I'm sure our "snoop-ervisors" will be up to the task once we get back outside ...

To close, I thought you might like this picture that The Tim snapped one day when he was home.  Apparently, Pip kept trying to get right. next. to. Jetsam, but Jet kept moving away, so Pip was forced to get close any way he could:


So that's the latest kitty news (with pictures) from around here.  Right now everyone at our house is glad tomorrow is Friday - have a good weekend!

16 comments:

Carol said...

Hilarious K.I.T.teh.
They are so cute, I love them so much.
xoxoxo

Maureen said...

Sacrilegious, I know - but that last picture put me in mind of the Sistine Chapel. ;)

knitseashore said...

I love happy ending kitty stories! It's great your cats are already fast friends.

Spring is still iffy here, and my garden needs work too. Maybe this weekend we can get outside and make progress??

Lisa said...

So happy the boys are becoming such good buds! Love the last photo...Ajax does that to the girls :)

joanchicago said...

What fun cat stories! Thank you. I can't believe how handsome Pip is. I know Jetsam is a nice boy and all, but oh that Pip! (I'm so shallow.) The photo of the two boys holding hands is a treasure. Though I can't be entirely sure whether Jet is dozing or getting ready to bop Pip in the nose.

Marie said...

Awww! I just love kitty blog posts. Thanks. Pip and Jetsam are adorable.

Kathleen Dames said...

So adorable! Do Jetsam and Pip only go outside with you? Just curious, since we'll be taking George and Henry up to Maine with us for the summer, and they will invariably escape the house one day - they are still kittens, after all - and wondering what to do to make sure they come back in safely.

andrea said...

oh my. that last picture destroyed me with its cuteness.

SissySees said...

Love it!! Both of our bassets have moments where they seem to want to "hold hands", and both terriers seem to resort to "just touching" a loved one at times too. Sweet...

Anonymous said...

The touching of paws is WAY important.

Anonymous said...

"He's TOUCHING ME!"
"Am not."
"Are too!"
"Am not."
"Are too! Make Him Stop!!!"

ahem

Not that I'd know anything about that...

mary said...

Fabulous post! I've missed several of your last posts and they are great. I've got to catch up. But I do love the pictures of the kitties.

Lorette said...

Willie the C.A.T. that lives here tries to get right next to our mutt Riley. Sometimes she tolerates him, but often she just gets up with this really pained look and moves off. I love the cats playing through the window photo!

Anonymous said...

Jetsam looks so calm and Pip looks so not.

Brigitte said...

Oh my God Pip you look just like me and I bet you're just as awesome cuz orange tabbies rule and don't take any guff from your big brother I bet you can take him!

'kay bye!

Your new friend,

Malcolm

Carrie#K said...

They're so cute! That last pic does look Sistine Chapel-ish. Awww.