23 February 2016
Whiskers on Kittens? Yes!
For this week's Ten on Tuesday prompt, Carole wants us to list 10 Of My Favorite Things Right Now.
Needless to say, the song "My Favorite Things" immediately came to mind, and I do really like a lot of those things mentioned - being a cat lover, "whiskers on kittens" especially. But I'm not going to let someone else create my entire list, so here you go. I'm leaving out obvious things, i.e., Dug and the kitties, because they are my favorite things every waking minute. This list is for Right Now.
1. My thermos of tea with lemon. It warms me up, but is also a cozy bit of home while I'm at work.
2. My MUTTS calendar. This is the second year I've bought one for my office, and even when I am feeling the most down, it cheers me up.
3. Thinking about going to Maryland Sheep and Wool. It will be so nice to go again, and see all of the animals, yarns, people, and everything else.
4. Instagram. Apparently I love looking at others' pictures. I have fun posting my own as well, but I really like seeing what everyone else shares.
5. Fountain pens. I love looking at them, and I love how something written with them looks. Someday I will be able to afford one.
6. Playing solitaire on my tablet. I love solitaire anyway, but having it on my tablet means I can play a quick game whether or not I have actual cards nearby.
7. Writing letters. I have always enjoyed writing letters, but now that I have convinced myself that they do not have to be long and full of everything that has ever happened, I am enjoying writing them again when I have some time and something to tell. A note is just as good as a letter, as far as I'm concerned.
8. NARS Audacious lipsticks. I had a gift card for Sephora, and recently bought two of these. They are all named for women, and I bought Brigitte (for obvious reasons) and Audrey (because it is pretty and also because I love Audrey Hepburn). They stay on really well too, which is a nice bonus.
9. My new laptop. The Tim bought me a new laptop as a Valentine's/birthday gift. So far it's still getting set up, but it's really a nice laptop and has some great features that my old one did not. My poor old laptop pretty much got used to death!
10. Sneaky little springtime flowers. I see teeny indicators that crocus and daffodils are seriously thinking of showing up soon! Such happy little flowers, and they always seem (to me at least) to appear suddenly to make you think, "Oh yes - spring!"
Happy Tuesday, everyone.