19 April 2016
Music That Stays
I love music - practically all kinds. I spend pretty much every moment that I am awake with at least one song in my head. OK, so occasionally it's an earworm that I can't shake, but most of the time it's something that I'm happy to have with me all day.
So for today, Carole wanted us to list 10 Albums I Love - meaning, you don't just like one or two of the songs, but all of them. There were two parts of this that were hard for me: 1) choosing just ten, and 2) figuring out what was on an album, as I tend to listen to a lot of things in a random order!
But here are ten that came to mind, not because I love them more than others, but just because they were the first ten to come to mind ... in no particular order.
1. Listen to My Heart - by Nancy LaMott. I love her voice, and since this is the first one of hers I bought, I decided to include it.
2. Soundtrack to "Room With a View" - one of my favorite movies, and listening to the music allows me to picture the scenes in my head.
3. Love Songs - The Beatles. I'm a big Beatles fan, and this is a fave, because it's an unusual one, and just makes you feel happy when you listen.
4. Soundtrack to "Sweeney Todd : the Musical" - so often, lines/tunes from songs in this show run through my head. I also am a big fan of soundtracks.
5. Now That I've Found You - Alison Kraus. Like #1, this was my introduction to her, and it's still a favorite.
6. Never Been Gone - Carly Simon. So many of these songs were new to me when I first bought the album, and now are old friends.
7. Soundtrack to "Guys and Dolls" - yeah, I know another soundtrack. But the songs are great, and there are some true classics.
8. Take Me Back - Tim and Mollie O'Brien. I love the songs, and knew both of them growing up as we all went to the same elementary school. Then later, my brother-in-law joined their dad's law firm as a partner. They don't often perform together, but this album is one of their best.
9. Christmas - Michael Buble. OK, so I LOVE practically every Christmas album I own, but this one is lots of fun.
10. Tapestry - Carole King. One of the first albums I ever purchased for myself, with my own money, in my life.
Seriously though - we have SO much music, and so many albums, I can't really say that these are the ten I most love, or even most listen to; but these are all definitely some of the best.