06 September 2016
Labor Day Weekend
Carole wants to know 10 Things I Did This Weekend.
My weekend was pretty quiet. The Tim had to work Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, so for the bulk of it, I was on my own. Fortunately on Sunday and Monday, he worked the opening shift, so was home for dinner and the evening.
So here is my fairly unexciting list. :-)
1. Took a bubble bath (Friday night). I usually take showers, but every once in a while, I feel like it's a decadent treat to take a bubble bath. A Friday night of a long holiday weekend when I was left to my own devices seemed like a perfect time for decadence.
2. Bought a new pair of jeans. This is a huge thing for me because a) I hardly ever shop for jeans, and b) I have a hard time finding a pair to fit. A friend had mentioned that Madewell jeans were nice, albeit pricey. So I saved my $$, and was waiting until they had a sale. The local store had a flash sale promotion where you got an extra 30% off the sale price. So I headed over, and with the help of two lovely sales assistants (one who seemed near my age, which was a plus), I found a lovely pair that fit well. They will be my "good" jeans - meaning, that I will save them for very casual but presentable times. (My regular jeans are in terrible shape, and I wear them around, but would never wear them for anything other than running around at home.)
3. The Tim and I [finally] finalized all of our reservations for our vacation next week! We are going to do a driving trip through New England. We'll leave on Sunday and return the next Saturday. It was a big relief to get all of our hotels and such straightened out, and now we're just deciding the things we definitely want to do/see. Best of all? The Tim said, "Maybe you'll see some yarn stores and can get a souvenir." Well, if I must, I must, you know??
4. Laundry. Loads and loads of laundry. I actually enjoy doing laundry. The stuff goes in all dirty and messy, and comes out clean and fresh. I think it's the immediate gratification of it.
5. Finished the book I was reading. An enjoyable, somewhat non-involved mystery that I started after finishing a pretty intense book earlier in the week.
6. Knitted. I am nearly finished with Portfolio Scarf #2 out of 4 for a Christmas gift. I worked on it while watching some stuff on TV and when listening to an audiobook. I would have finished it if I had not messed up a section watching a football game on Sunday night. I had to rip back a few rows, and waited to re-do them yesterday, since I was tired on Sunday night, and feared I would make a bad situation worse if I continued.
7. Watched the Notre Dame-Texas football game - well, most of it. I got too tired to stay up for the end. Sadly, Notre Dame lost, but at least it was just by 3 points rather than a blowout.
8. Mending. Why is it that, when you have something that needs to have the simplest amount of mending done, but it's not something you wear all of the time. that it takes so ridiculously long to mend it? I'm not even gonna say how long the 4 things I worked on had been waiting, because I'm actually embarrassed to admit it. Of course, once I sat down to do it, the whole thing took about 1/2 an hour.
9. Cleaned. I have a thing where, when I know I'm going away, I like to clean before I go, so I can come home to a nice, clean house.
10. Slept. It was nice to get some extra rest. Granted, when I have a weekend and/or a day off, I don't necessarily sleep until noon, usually maybe an hour or so later. But it feels very luxurious!
So it was not an exciting weekend, but it was a nice one. And best of all, it felt longer than three days!