30 January 2019

Neither Ravelling Nor Unravelling ... But Reading!

I've been reading the posts for Unraveled Wednesdays on Kat's blog, even though I've been reading but not knitting.  It's as much fun for me to see what everyone is reading as much as what everyone has been knitting.  I'm still not knitting, but I can share a recent read and a current one today.

This was one of those 99-cent deals for the Nook. 


It was very short (~95 pages) and very awful.  Even the main character having a dog couldn't save it. I only finished it because I could not for the life of me imagine how it was all going to be wrapped up in a way that made sense.  Not recommended.  (And it annoys me to no end that someone who spells her name as I do is such a bad writer.  I'm taking it quite personally.)

Fortunately, I had this book in the wings, and was able to start it a couple of days ago.  I'm really enjoying it, which is not a surprise, since I figured I'd like it.

I like the characters of Cormoran Strike and his assistant Robin, and I will be curious to see not just how the case in the book works out, but how/if their working relationship is able to improve.

No knitting ... at least not yet, but we'll see what happens at Monday's appt with the surgeon.

Have a good one, and keep warm!

8 comments:

Kym said...

Ugh. . . sorry for the awful book! At least you're on to something better now. :-) Keeping my fingers crossed for knitting-as-physical-therapy SOON. XO

Kwizgiver said...

I really enjoyed Lethal White--hope you do, too!

Bonny said...

Seeing what happens with Cormoran and Robin is probably the main reason I keep reading the series. Hoping for good news for you on Monday!

AsKatKnits said...

I am listening to Lethal White too! And, so far - so much good!!

Caffeine Girl said...

I hope your appointment on Monday goes well. If I couldn't knit with needles, I think I'd try one of those loom things and make a bunch of charity hats. I don't think you can do a whole lot with those, but I have to do something with my hands.

Araignee said...

Good luck with your appt. Sorry about the books. I find that the Prime First Reads aren't much better either. I guess you get what you pay for and in my case it's nothing.

kathy b said...

Good luck with the appointment!! LEts hope the surgeon has good news!

Mereknits said...

I had no idea there was another book out in that series. I need to download it as I really enjoyed the first three. Hope you are staying warm!!!! Good luck with your appointment.