28 December 2020

Before I Forget ...

A bit before Christmas, my niece Amanda told me about an after-New Year's offer that I thought might be of interest to some of you.  

A few months ago, Amanda decided that she would give yoga a try, since it was something she could do at home during the pandemic, and did not require tons of special equipment.  She started following the YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene to try it out.  And she really enjoyed it.  As she told me, "It's not intimidating, and sometimes her dog interrupts, which is great."  (Can you tell we're related?)

In any case, Adriene is offering a special program to start 2021 with a fresh outlook.  It's free, and sounds like something that even beginners (like me) could do without a ton of difficulty.  So I thought I would share the link where you can get details and sign up, in the event that anyone else wants to give it a try.  

I would love it if I could get going on this, since my flexibility is pretty non-existent, and I also can't do a lot of high-impact exercise due to other issues.  Who knows, maybe I'll be able to keep up with it - or at least manage the 30 days!  (I hope so, I need to get myself back on track with moving around more.)

Please know that I get no compensation or anything for passing along the info, I just thought that since it was a free course, I'd let others in on it.  

 

Let me know if you decide to try it - we can compare notes as we go along.

7 comments:

Karen W said...

Ok, I’m in too. I tried one of her videos back in June, a little too advanced for creaky me, but I love her and desperately wish to regain some of my old flexibility. I read an article on her in the NYT that made me admire her more, she’s not all about the money and branding and whatnot, just wants to make a living and help people. Thanks for the link!

Araignee said...

That's a great challenge! I've done yoga in one form or another since I was in my 20's and it's served me well. I have to now do all the "bendy" things because The Mister can't anymore. I do all the down work and he does all the up things. We make a good pair.

Kim in Oregon said...

I'm in. I agree with Karen W that she is a bit 'tough' for me (just a beginner) but I want to get better and this looks good.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Thank you. I think I will give that a try. I've been trying to work out every other day (simple exercises, like we did in gym class in school) - this might be nice on the alternate days.

Kym said...

I LOVE Yoga with Adriene!!! (And her dog, Benji, too.) I started doing yoga with Adriene in the early days of the pandemic, and now . . . I can't imagine a day without her! She's the Real Deal -- a great yoga instructor, an authentic person, an animal lover, AND . . . a goofy, kind-of-awkward soul that I just like a whole lot. I hope you enjoy the yoga! (I'll be there, too.) XO

kathy b said...

I have been trying to write to all the folks I read and share the blog world with. I appreciated you sharing your own life with so many throughout the year. Bloggers in the craft world give so much of themselves . WE are very open and honest. That takes courage. thank you for your open, courageous sharing. sometimes it is just what we need to know we are not alone!

m said...

My first comment, to thank you for the suggestion!! Did the first two days (even got up early to do it while the kids are still in bed) and love it so far. I can sometimes only do half of the exercises, and most of the time l mess up the breathing... but l want to go on trying!!! All the best for 2021, and thanks again!!