12 May 2021

I Can Only Hope They Were Tasty

Thank you so much for all of your lovely comments on my last post.  I responded to those I could via e-mail, and then even here after I realized that none of the e-mail responses were delivered ("Recipient unknown" - yet they were all to addresses that I communicate with regularly).  Then I started to try and respond here, and those responses ... just evaporated into thin air.  I tried on two different times, and ... gone.  And so, as I said in the subject line, I hope Blogger found them tasty, since I can only guess they were eaten!

GAH.  Blogger strikes again!  And things had been going along swimmingly for a while.  Oh well, onward and upward, right?

I did finish my sweater, and wove in all of the ends.  I realized that the only thing I had to soak it in was a bucket we had in the basement, that needed to be cleaned out every time it is used.  So I determined that I would buy a separate bucket/container for ONLY knitted things.  I found one at Target for $2.00 - it's really as dishwashing thing, but not anymore.  😊

I came home on Saturday after finding it, all excited and ready to soak the sweater and block it and well, The Tim had pulled the bags of our warmer weather clothes out and placed them - you guessed it, in the only spot in the house where there is room to block something without it being bothered by any furry family members.  It's also the only spot where we can pull out bags of clothes and the Koodle can't get near them to do any revenge peeing.  

So, once those are out of the way, I'll be blocking the sweater and taking some photos.  Trust me, the wait will not make it look any different/better.  It's a basic sweater, all one color.  But I'm really pleased with it.  

In other news, I posted this to Instagram and Facebook the other day, but wanted to show everyone here.  This sweetheart has decided to set up shop in the ivy outside of our bedroom window:


Isn't she beautiful?  Since she is a mourning dove, I have named her Deirdre, which means "sorrow."  We have a conversation through the window twice a day - once when I raise the blinds in the morning, and once when I lower them at night.  For all I know, she is aware of the motion and nothing else, but she does stay put.  And yes, the conversation is completely one-sided, and mainly consists of me telling her she is so pretty, and so sweet, and how we love her and would never hurt her.  For all I know, she is actually a he named Bruiser and is plotting the bird overthrow of the world.  But I like my version better.

I realized the other day that I should probably focus next on finishing my Advent Throw - once the weather gets warmer, I am NOT going to want to sit and knit with a blanket on my lap!  There isn't that much left - I just started the 24th mini of the Advent calendar last night, so it's getting close to being finished.

That's all the news for now from here.  Tomorrow it is Pip's turn to go to the vet, so I have to strategize the best way to get him into the carrier, as I will be leaving work early to take him.  In response to Cheryl's comment, wondering if The Tim got called back to work yet, the answer is yes - kinda/sorta.  They are starting to call people back, but in the order of seniority.  So right now, he works one day a week, which is usually on Thursday (hence me leaving work early to take Pip to the vet tomorrow).  It's not the best situation, but one of the requirements for receiving unemployment benefits is stating that you have not been offered work during the benefits period.  Plus, The Tim didn't want them to NOT call him in the future because he turned them down this time around.  

I can tell you this - the animals do NOT approve of being completely alone on Thursdays!  And they have been very clear about that.  😏

Have a good one, and if nothing else, be glad it's Wednesday and the work week for most of us is almost over.

8 comments:

Nance said...

I love mourning doves. Their calls always remind me of sleeping at my grandmother's house, where I used to hear them all the time. They are lovely, albeit clumsy birds. They try desperately to get on all my bird feeders for some reason, and they end up standing on top of them, looking confused.

KSD said...

Well, as long as they're clear about it. . .

Araignee said...

The dove is beautiful! The sound they make is so calming to me.

Ellen D. said...

I always have to coo back at mourning doves as I love their sound!
Some bloggers leave a comment of their own at the end of the comment section with their replies. I am just grateful you blog - I don't know how any of it works! :)

Wanderingcatstudio said...

What a pretty little dove! My neighbour has robins nesting on his porch light. I hope you get to see baby doves soon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for answering. I am hoping he can get back to work more regularly. It has been tough I’m sure. To top off being in lockdown still here in Canada we are experiencing a very cold May. I can’t seem to be warm. I just want to get my second shot but they are making us wait 4 months due to shortages. To compound things I got the AZ vac the first round. Now seems we are not getting more. Hmmmm lucky my dh got Pfizer. I just want to go back to the great before....
Cheryl (aka seajaes on ravelry)

Dee said...

Hopefully by the end of the month things will pick up and Tim will get more hours.

I suppose you will be seeing little baby doves pretty soon.

kathy b said...

How sweet that she is nesting safely by you!!! I'm happy for you. I know we have chickadees in the hanging bird house out in the yard, but not right on my window!!! wow.