24 May 2021

Still Here

Hi all - you may have noticed I was MIA last week.  It wasn't really planned, but it happened, and I'm still here.  

Our weekend was ridiculously hot, so not a lot got accomplished inside or outside.  I did manage to get the package ready to take to the post office containing the socks I knit for the woman who raised Hamlet as a puppy, and who we had a meet up with last month.  I'm going to walk it up to get it in the mail today, once I finish this post.  The socks turned out really well, and I think/hope she'll like them; if nothing else, I know she will love the idea of them, and that's fine with me.  That is an FO post to come.

Not a whole lot is new here.  We're getting ready mentally and physically for our trip to WV for Memorial Day weekend.  We always like to make sure we take some things to contribute, food and drink-wise, so we went to a couple of places over the weekend to stock up.  There will just be the six of us (The Tim and I, my sister and brother-in-law, and Amanda and Pat), so we don't need as much as we would normally take, when there are a lot more people.  But all of us enjoy similar things, and the holiday weekend is a treat, so it's fun to buy things we don't generally have around the house.  And I wanted to get ahead of laundry since we will miss our usual day to catch up.  So there has been stuff going on, but not the kind of thing that makes for really exciting blog content. 😉
  
Yesterday was the hottest it's been so far in 2021 in Philadelphia, and since we had our grocery/liquor store adventure on Saturday, we just stayed put and tried not to melt.  What really killed us was that for as hot as it was, apparently Pip still needed some warmth:

That's him, lying on top of the laptop as it's plugged in to charge.  Causing us to ask ourselves for probably the millionth time, Why do we have a Pip??

But perhaps most amusing of all, was the artistic design of Milo the Koodle and Pip doing some dramatic lounging in the heat:


Cats, right?

Anyway, that's it for now.  I have the aforementioned FO post coming up for you this week, as well as a post with some photos from a walk around the neighborhood that I took with Hamlet this past Friday.  I thought it would be fun to share some of our nearby streets, and things to see around here.  So stay tuned for that in the next few days.

In the meantime, I hope you are having a nice day so far (it's much cooler and more pleasant here), and that you are all well.

8 comments:

Nance said...

It's been really hot here in NEO as well. Almost 90. Ugh. I'm hoping for moderation soon.

I'm so glad you'll be able to reunite with family over the long weekend! That will be such a happy time for you. (And a much needed getaway.)

Love the Pip photo, snugging the warmth of the laptop. Piper and Marlowe love lying on all my devices, including any remotes. They simply want to control everything I own.

Cats. Sigh.

Dee said...

For awhile this weekend I thought I was back in Florida. LOL

Thankfully, the stone of the house keeps it pretty cool inside. Although, like you, there was some dramatic cat lounging! LOL

KSD said...

"Dramatic lounging" should take its place in the global vernacular RIGHT NOW.

I missed you very a lot.

kathy b said...

I love those kitty relax photos. I try really to come near their level of calm in our house. I have so much to learn

Araignee said...

My cats were splayed out all over the place this weekend too. It was funny to look out on the deck and see them all resembling dead cats out there. It shocked me at first before I realized it was so hot. I've got the AC on because the pollen is killing me this year. The cars are coated in it. I've never seen it so bad. It's so yucky. We need a big rain and soon.

Kym said...

We had a very hot few days here in Michigan, too. The weather guy called it an "Omega Lock" (or maybe it was an "Omega Block") -- some other weird weather pattern I've never heard of before that sounded like it belonged in a video game or something. Anyway. Hot. But things have cooled back down to a more pleasant temperature now, thankfully. I hope for you, too. (Although we are desperate for some rain. . . ) And Pip? Just cracks me up! XO

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Pip and Koodle are so cute!
Weather is crazy here - all over the place - hot and humid one day, then chilly the next, then back to hot and humid. And NO rain - not a drop.

karen said...

have a safe trip and have FUN!!!