08 March 2022

Nothing Much To Report

Hiya all.  Please don't think I'm ignoring you.  I'm just pretty much keeping to myself lately, and there's not a lot going on that you haven't already heard me discuss.  But on the plus side, at least other than the world being more scary than ever, I guess it's good that things are otherwise quiet.

Before I forget, a big THANK YOU to Vera - last week, she posted a recipe on her blog for Curried Shrimp Chowder, and this past Saturday, I made the vegetarian version (skipping the bacon ingredient and using vegetable stock) and oh is is good!  We had it with some breadsticks that The Tim had made, and it was one of the best meals we've had for a long time.  As she also mentions in the blog post, it makes a lot, so yesterday I had some of the leftovers for lunch.  If you are a shrimp lover, give it a try - you will not be disappointed.

I did not think to take a picture of it until after we finished eating, but it looks as good as it tastes, you'll just have to try it yourself! 😊

On Sunday, for the first time in two years, we went to a live performance.  The Philadelphia Orchestra was doing a concert version of the music from the movie "Fiddler on the Roof" that had been arranged by John Williams.  A group from the music and theater department at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor were playing the roles.  It was so well done and so enjoyable!  Before entering the venue, you had to show proof of vaccination with your driver's license or other ID, and everyone in the audience had to remain masked the whole time.  At first it seemed kind of jarring to be in a place with so many people again, but to be honest, once the performance began, you forgot about everything but what was happening on stage.  Of course, The Tim was especially interested, since in college he played the part of the butcher Lazer Wolf.  And honestly, where just about any musical is concerned, if someone is sick at the last minute and the understudy is also sick, either one of us could fill in ... not well, but we know all of the lyrics! 😜

That's really all I have to tell you about at the moment.  Have a good day, and take care.

Meanwhile, I hope this will give you a reason to chuckle today:

10 comments:

Dee said...

The concert sounds really nice. Glad you had a good time.

Nance said...

Great job for a cat; love that cartoon!

Your outing sounds wonderful. I'd have probably spent a great deal of the concert with my eyes closed, basking in the glory of that gorgeous sound. There's something about the richness and fullness of orchestral music that makes me feel like I'm bathing in it. It's always an immersive experience.

Kim in Oregon said...

I can't even imagine going to a real concert, but I guess it is time to get my head around that.

Vera said...

So glad you and Tim could get out and GO TO A CONCERT!!!!! And, glad you like the chowder. It also freezes well, so don't be afraid to do that! Love the cartoon.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

It's always nice when a recipe is just as good as you thought it would be. I've made a lot of duds!

Araignee said...

It sounds like you had a great night out!

Caffeine Girl said...

The Fiddler on the Roof show sounds amazing.
I'm ready to get out there. I saw a movie in California, but the theater was pretty empty so I haven't ventured into any crowds yet.

Kym said...

Oh, Bridget! That sounds like a wonderful concert experience! I'm so glad you guys were able to get out and ENJOY. (U of M has a fabulous musical theater program. Always a treat!) Tom and I (with Brian and Lauren) went to see Hamilton a couple of weeks ago in Grand Rapids. It was the same sort of thing -- everyone had to show proof of vaccination to gain entry, and then needed to remain masked throughout the performance. While it was sort of surreal to be back in a large theater venue again -- AND to see all these masked people in the audience -- it was wonderful! XOXO

karen said...

I bet it was heavenly to be at a live performance. When we went to the immersive Van Gogh it was our first outing since BC (before covid). It was nice to be out.

KSD said...

The "Trainee" apron cracks me up.

And, while I understand and appreciate your vegetarianism, NO BACON??