11 March 2022

Ten on the Eleventh

Good morning and Happy Friday!  I for one am especially happy that this day has arrived, for two reasons, which I will discuss later in this post.

Today is March 11, and I want to talk about the number ten.  It's a nice, round number, introducing double digits to the string.  How many lists of "ten" have you come across?  Top Tens are a big one, as are Ten Ways To _______ (for good or for bad).  In a football game, ten yards gets you a first down on your way to the goalpost.  The British Prime Minister lives at 10 Downing Street (as does Larry the Cat!).  Everyone's favorite musical Founding Father - Alexander Hamilton - is on the ten-dollar bill.  One of the first ways we learn to count in groupings is doing five, ten, fifteen, twenty, etc.  

But today, on March 11, 2022, the very best thing about the Number Ten is this:




Milo the Koodle is ten years old today!!

Yep, on this day ten years ago, he was born in one of The Tim's former co-worker's backyard, where she took care of some feral cats.  He had 4 other siblings.  

The Koodle is definitely one of a kind, and honestly I think if just about anyone else had adopted him, he would have quickly been returned to a shelter or left out on the street abaondoned.  Because some of his "unique" features and behaviors are, shall we say ... troublesome.  But The Tim and I decided he was part of our family, and even though it was possible that he was possessed by Satan, we would never give him up.  

It helps that he is a cutie pie, and that when he is not peeing on things or destroying things or shredding your skin, he is a love bug.  He loves to cuddle, he loves to play - needless to say, all on HIS terms.  He and Pip are best buds and occasional mortal enemies.  He adored both Dug the Doodle Dog and Hamlet, and is somewhat lost without them.

But when he sits on your lap and purrs like a truck, or cuddles up next to you when you are lying down, he is the kind of kitty everyone wants to have.

So tonight, we will have birthday cake, treats, and presents to kickoff his birthday weekend. 

The second reason I'm glad that Friday is finally here is because it's the last day I have to be at work for a week!  I had marked next week off as vacation back in November, when our dept at work was still at full staff.  Of course, now that there is just myself and one other person (She The Terrible), my taking a week of vacation is being seen as the equivalent of eating a baby or something.  Now keep in mind that last month, She The Terrible took 2 weeks of vacation, and it was to be commended because she "works so hard."  (And she is the terrible boss' favorite person in the place, next to himself.)  But my vacation week is SUCH a problem, you know???

As my mother would say, TDB (too d**n bad).  I'm planning a week where I do my best to forget all of the people at work, where I don't check e-mail or attend Zoom meetings, and where *they* can be the ones to sign for packages, give directions, answer all of the phones, etc.  

I plan to do whatever I feel like doing on any given day, within reason of course (no stabbing annoying people, etc.).  I have a couple of dr appts, The Tim's days off are on Tuesday and Wednesday, so we'll probably have some adventure then, and there are a couple of days where I have to be at home anyway because some workers are coming to take the ivy off the side of our house, and do some pruning work on some trees in our garden.  

It would be nice if someone contacted me for a job interview, but I'm not gonna count on it.  That would just be a bonus.

So join me today in wishing the Koodle a happy birthday, and have a wonderful weekend doing whatever you are planning to do!

*****
I thought you might enjoy these outtakes from the birthday boy's photoshoot.  They prove that the sweet, innocent face above is as much a ruse as anything else.


*Just* as a snapped the photo!


A typical photo attempt, on any given day not just a birthday!

10 comments:

Dee said...

Happy birthday, Milo.

Enjoy your week off.

Nance said...

Happy Birthday to the senior Koodle. I'm glad he found such an agreeable family in which to settle down. I am partial to orange tabbies; they really do have a way about them.

Enjoy plotting your Revenge Vacation. I hope it is sweet.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Happy Birthday to Milo! You're looking fabulous for 10!

And I hope you have a wonderful week of and it feels like three weeks it's so good!

karen said...

happy birthday to your kitty and may your wildest dreams come true and you get a job interview AND get a new job!!!

Araignee said...

Happy birthday to Milo the Koodle and happy vacation week to you! I hope this bomb thing heading towards us on the east coast is a bust. I am just not in the mood for anymore winter weather. It's March for crying out loud.

Kim in Oregon said...

Happy birthday Koodle! We have been cat-less for a year now (after 30+ years of always having two or four) and we miss them! Luckily, there are lots of neighbor cats that are outdoor cats so we get our fair share of pets.

KSD said...

Koodle! How dare she take up any of this post talking about ANYthing but you.

Kym said...

Oh, Koodle! I hope you had a glorious birthday . . . as you totally deserve!!! XOXO
Have a wonderful vacation, Bridget. Enjoy every single minute!
XO

Vera said...

Happy Birthday Koodle!!!!

Minerva said...

Happy Birthday to Milo! He is a handsome boy! I have a pug that's turning 15 this week. Enjoy your time off and don't think of work once.