30 March 2022

Here We Are

I've been confused all week about what both the day and the date are.  I'm not sure why, but now I realize that it is Wednesday, March 30 so I'm at least straightened out for today.  

Today I'm joining Kat and the others for Unraveled Wednesday, to show you what I'm knitting and reading. I feel like it's been a while since I contributed, and the stars aligned for me, so here you go.

This is the cardigan I started at the beginning of the year.  It still has a long way to go, but I have reached the stockinette part of the pattern, with no increases or decreases, so that's progress, because the beginning felt interminable.  I'm hoping to get a lot more knit on this, though I'm not sure if I'll even come close to finishing it before warm/hot weather hits.  But if not, I'll just pick it up again next fall.  

The color is not really even close to how it looks in the photo - it's more of a deep teal, but when you take a photo inside on a cloudy day, you're lucky if anything even shows up, you know?


My other current project is the very beginning of a pair of socks in yarn with Easter-y colors:


So far, one cuff on one sock.  Hey, it's a start ...

I just started this book on Monday:


I'm not that far into it yet, but so far it's really really interesting, and I think I'm going to enjoy it.  Though I have to admit that every time I pick it up to start reading, I hear Bert Parks singing the Miss America song in my head. 😊

And that's it for today.  Have a good one, and go over and wish Kym a Happy Birthday today!


9 comments:

Cathy said...

I love the colour of the sock yarn, really pretty.

Araignee said...

I loved the Miss America pageant when I was a kid. I even had the paper dolls. My sister was so enthralled with the crown that she stole a neighbor's crown she had on her statue of Mary in her yard. My mother made her give it back but it was sad to see it go. We had a lot of fun with it while it lasted.

Nance said...

It's so bothersome how the end of months gets messy. Once it hits the 25th or so, I sort of lose track and the month seems to drag on forever in a muddle of 20s.

Your Eastertime sock looks very Springy and like a bouquet of seasonal flowers.

kathy b said...

Oh Easter socks sound fun. Cant wait to see them finished.

Jane said...

I like the Springy sock yarn cuff. It's fun to knit with the seasons. Best of luck on your sweater. I like your idea of putting it away if the weather gets too warm to have a wool sweater on your lap. I've done that myself.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Oh, those socks are going to be fun!

Kym said...

Did you know . . . that one of my childhood babysitters WAS a Miss America? Judy Ford, Miss Illinois, 1969 Miss America . . . was one of my babysitters when I was very young! It was thrilling to watch her become Miss America (even though I had no actual memories of her BEING my babysitter). (She was a neighbor.)

Ellen D. said...

I like the colors of your Easter socks. Get busy!

Dee said...

Perfect color sock for this time of year. Pattern too? Or stockinette all the way around?

Miss America .............loved it way back when. Can't imagine why it is still going on today. If it is about the scholarships and intelligence, let's get them out of swimsuits and evening gowns and stop the silly walk down the runway.