14 April 2022

Pleasing

Hello, I hope all of you are well. It's Thursday, and I'm going to participate along with Carole and some others for Three on Thursday - so here are three things that are pleasing me today.

1.  This boy.  I took this photo this morning after I finished eating breakfast.  Pip had just finished giving himself a thorough bath.  He is truly one of the sweetest kitties I've ever known.  By the way, do you know why he is named Pip?  His shelter name was Legolas (this was when the LOTR movies had come out and people were obsessed), which was a play on the fact that he has only three legs.  We didn't think it was fair to call him that, so we decided we would change his name.  Eventually, we chose Pip for two reasons: 1) it was clear that he *is* a pip!, and 2) we wanted him to have Great Expectations.  😊


2.  Today is my last day at work until next Tuesday.  I usually try to take Good Friday and Easter Monday off, and this year is extra pleasing because after two years of not getting together with my niece and her husband, they are joining us again this weekend!  I have an appt tomorrow morning for a haircut, but otherwise nothing major, so it should be a nice quiet day.  We always have a good time with Amanda and Pat, so I'm sure that this weekend will be a lot of fun.

3.  Today is Wawa Day.  Which means a free coffee of any size all day long at their stores.  I don't drink coffee very much at all, but I always have a free cup on Wawa Day, because if you add enough milk it all tastes just fine.  And I like the fact that they have a day where they give away something to anyone and everyone.  Today on the news, they said the first Wawa opened 58 years ago, and I was a bit dismayed that I was older than the Wawa.  But then I decided that since this is the first place I've lived where they existed, I couldn't have known, and therefore it really didn't matter.  And that my friends, is what you call Perfect Logic.

I hope that you are able to find at least three things that please you today.  Take care!

11 comments:

Dee said...

Happy WaWa Day! May your free coffee be hot and delicious!

Araignee said...

Happy Wawa Day! They were the one bright spot I had when I used to go visit Dad in the nursing home. I would stop on my way home, get a drink and a donut and sit in the car and bawl my eyes out until I was able to drive home.

kayT said...

Greetings to Pip. I had always heard that yellow boys were the nicest cats and since I got my Streak (named for his passage through the house) I have to agree.

I never heard of Wawa. Free coffee is good though. Enjoy your weekend.

Kim in Oregon said...

Enjoy the time off! Happy WAWA day!

Vera said...

We have Wawa coffee at work...not a fan...sorry!~!

Kym said...

Perfect logic, indeed! (We don't have Wawas here at all, so I won't feel bad about not being able to take advantage of their free coffee today. I think that may be more perfect logic?) I love the cleverness of naming Pip "Legolas" (it really makes me chuckle), but he is a much better "Pip" I think! And he has certainly lived into his Great Expectations. Enjoy your extended weekend, Bridget. Happy Easter to you and your family. (I'm so glad you can be together with Amanda and Pat again.) XOXO

karen said...

love the story of Pip's name :) I hope you have a restorative break and a blessed Easter!! Enjoy your days off and being with your family!!

Nance said...

Pip is a very lovely cat. I am overly fond of all marmies; they are snuggly and good company. Have a terrific long weekend!

kathy b said...

Happy WAWA day!

3 things:
Fezzik and Tank s1ept on the couch and a1most touched

I see buds on a few , a very few bushes actua11y.

Cubs on the TV tonight

Meredith MC said...

I have a Pip too, but mine is canine and she came with the name Rusty (she’s a red heeler) and it just didn’t suit her at all. Pip in her her case is short for Pippi Longstockings, as she’s red and has a bold personality. I love that both our pets with the name Pip are named after literary characters. Happy Easter!

KSD said...

Perfect.