28 October 2022

Friday FO Post: A Longish-Ago Finish

Yes, I'm bookending my week of posts with another FO - don't get used to it, though, because this is for a project finished a while back that I was never able to get good "modeled" shots of, but wanted to write about before putting it away for the winter.

You may remember seeing this:


Well, though it challenged me at the beginning, I did in fact finish it!

Project: Light Purple Thea Top
Pattern: THEA Top by Susanne Muller
Yarn: Sandnes Garn Line, in the colorway Light Purple
Needles: US size 4 & 6
Modifications: At the end, when it was time to do the ribbing around the bottom, neckline, and armholes, I did one round of plain knit, then the ribbing. I also did 7 rounds of ribbing, because I thought it looked better that way.


(This is as close to a photo of me wearing it as we'll get right now. As I recall, I had really dirty hair when taking this photo, so decided it would be a torso shot ... 😊)

Notes: This was a challenge, but once I figured out what was happening, it was a fairly quick and easy knit. I had never made anything with this kind of construction before, so it took a bit of effort to wrap my mind around the instructions in the pattern. But the project did provide me with my first [kinda] successful provisional crochet cast on, so that was a boost.


It's kind of wrinkled in the photo above, because it has been folded and in the closet, but this gives you an idea of how the finished item looks; and in the photo below, you can see the "possible" light purple shade of the yarn - but to be honest, it is really hard to tell there is any purple at all. Maybe if my skin was darker, it would show up more. Oh well, I still really like it.


Anyway, I would recommend this pattern because it doesn't take long to knit once you understand all of the moving parts. I started this around the middle of June this past summer, and was finished around the end of August. It only took me that long because I worked on other things in the interim, and had a bout of "who wants to knit at all" for a couple of weeks.

I'm hoping next summer to get a "real" photo of how it looks being worn, but this will be it for now. 

The yarn used, which is a linen/cotton blend, is very nice, very soft to work with, and comes in a variety of colors. If I do ever make this again, I'll choose something with more of a color pop. But I can see myself getting a lot of use out of this top when the weather is too hot to breathe.


Alfie thought about sitting on it, but decided it wasn't worth making the effort. Shortly after this he left the room altogether, as if to say, "If I'm not the main focus of this photo session, why am I even hanging around???"

Here's hoping you have a good weekend, I'll see you next week.

5 comments:

KSD said...

I love a light, versatile tank top. Well done!

Dee said...

It looks good over a shirt too. That could make it more of a 3-season piece.

Alfie is adorable and we really know what (or should I say WHO) is the star of that last photo.

Ellen D. said...

I am surprised how it looks a different color in each photo. I could never make anything like that so Well Done, Bridget!

Araignee said...

Love it! Isn't it nice to make something that you know will get a lot of use? I like to knit fancy things but I like to wear uncomplicated things that are comfy. I'm trying to make an effort this fall to actually wear what I make but it's a struggle. More often than not I grab an old sweatshirt instead of a sweater.

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

In England we call it a vest top (well I do anyway LOL), it looks great!
Jillxo