11 January 2023

All for ME!

Hi all, I hope your week has been going well. Today I decided to join Kat and the others for Unraveled Wednesday - it seems like such a long time since I participated, and there's no time like the present, right? So here's what I'm knitting and [what I was] reading.

After making gifts for people, all of which I'm happy to say were very well and enthusiastically received, all of my current projects are for ME! In an unusual twist for me, instead of my usual three projects, I currently have four. I'm making a cowl (no photos yet), and have returned to the cardigan I started last spring (no new photos). The cowl is going pretty quickly and the cardigan should move right along when I can devote some time to it.

Other than those two, I'm working on the socks that were my New Year's Eve cast-on. I have finished the gusset on each sock, and can move on to knitting the foot. These are fun, I do love stripey socks!


I'm also making a capelet, which frankly surprises me, because I have never had the desire to knit a capelet. But there was a sample of one at the shop, and it was so ridiculously cozy, I decided I needed to knit it. So far I'm still working on the neck (it's a top-down knit), so this is all I have:


The yarn is Woofolk Flette Bulky in the Dark Brown colorway. When I posted this photo on Instagram, The Tim commented on how that was the weirdest looking piece of red velvet cake he ever saw. Because he is a laff riot, as you know. He'll be jealous when I'm cozy and warm around the house because I'm wearing my finished capelet, and he doesn't have that OR any red velvet cake ...

On the reading front, I am currently deciding what my next read will be. But I finished this book the other day:


It was an enjoyable read, a little bit of mystery but mostly a story of family, both those we make and those we are born into. I thought the ending was a bit surprising at first, but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. Not great literature or a deep thoughts book, but perfect for when you want to read something interesting and engrossing but not have to worry about lots of characters or family trees that go back to the 1600s or things like that.

I hope your making and reading is making you happy these days. I'm having a good time so far this year with mine. 😊

8 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Love the stripey socks!
How do you find working with the capelet yarn? I've always had trouble knitting with yarns like that, but they look so good knit up

Araignee said...

The colors in those stripes make me happy!

Dee said...

Stripey socks always make ME happy too!

Happy knitting!

KSD said...

Oh, Philly Tim, all these years with a knitter and that's what you see?

Kim in Oregon said...

The socks continue to delight me.

Kym said...

The stripe colors in your sock are delightful! I bet they make you happy whenever you pick them up to knit! XO

Jane said...

Striped socks are fun to knit and for me they go fast - just one more stripe. Enjoy the knitting for yourself. It is nice to return to that kind of knitting after the holidays.

karen said...

I really enjoyed that book more than I thought I would :)