07 April 2023

Easter Weekend

Hello all! I hope if you are celebrating Passover, that you are having a happy and joyous one. I knew that it started this week, and then I lost track of the days, so I know things have already begun, but please know I'm thinking of you and hoping it's a wonderful holiday for you and your loved ones.

Today in the Christian world is Good Friday, a somber day leading to Easter Sunday, which is of course the complete opposite. Right now, in Philadelphia, it looks like the weather is somber as well - kind of bright, but not too bright. At least it's not raining!

Yesterday, I got a wonderful Easter surprise. Actually, it happened on Tuesday, but I only discovered it yesterday. I was cleaning out the backpack I've been taking with me to work, because it's a dark color, and once spring arrives, it just looks too dark and serious to me, so I switch to another bag. Generally speaking, other than adding my water bottle and my lunch each day, I don't check everything else in it each time.

So imagine my VERY happy feeling of surprise when I pulled out this plastic Easter egg!


This alone would have made my day. I expected it to contain maybe a couple of chocolate candies, but instead, I found this:


Can you stand it??? Such an adorable little bunny sitting in its own little nest of grass! Apparently on Tuesday, my co-worker Kathy (who I love and who is leaving after next week, sob) snuck this into my backpack. I would never have the patience to make something so small, but she makes all kinds of adorable things like this, and I was so incredibly thrilled to find one for me!

I hope that if you celebrate, you have a very Happy Easter. If you do not, best wishes for a lovely springtime weekend. And regardless of what you are or are not celebrating, I hope there is a good surprise in store for you.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Dee said...

That little lamb is TOO TOO adorable and the fact that it was in an Easter egg??????? Mind blown!

Araignee said...

That is the sweetest little thing!!! What a lovely surprise.
Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

Kim in Oregon said...

I think I also posted on Insta but I truly love this. What a wonderful coworker and what a great surprise gift! It makes me want to knit little baby lambs and leave them in surprise places.

KSD said...

It's even more adorable when I look at it again.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

What a wonderful little surprise!