10 July 2023

On This Day ...

OK, if you know me at all, you know I love learning little facts, or being reminded of historical events, etc. So I was taking a look at "This Day In History," and came across this:


Telstar 1 launched

Telstar 1, the first communications satellite to transmit live television signals and telephone conversations across the Atlantic Ocean, was launched this day in 1962, inaugurating a new age in electronic communications.

You do realize, 1962 was only 61 years ago? In our everyday lives, it seems like these devices we use have been around for so long, and sometimes it's hard to think about life before they existed.

I'm six years older than Telstar 1's launch. 😂


*****

Don't forget to comment on this post by midnight tomorrow (Tuesday) if you want to be in the giveaway for the first week of Christmas in July!  

Have a good Monday and rest of the week. My goal for the week is to try my best not to completely melt ...

5 comments:

Nance said...

Um, thanks, Bridget?
Love feeling old on a Monday. ;-)

Kim in Oregon said...

Obviously Telstar had to launch sometime, but I was just thinking it had always been up there, like since the Cavemen! LOL!

KSD said...

Ha! I'm only two years older. . .

Araignee said...

I was just thinking along those lines when I had the cable issue this week. I remember only having a B&W TV with no remote control. Now they can remotely fix my issues from anywhere in the world. Crazy. In one lifetime. I also had to pick my jaw up off the floor when I realized last night that Gloria Steinem was 89 years old. 89. How did that happen?

Kym said...

My "little" sister . . . was born in 1962. I still call her my "little" sister. Even though she's 61. (And now I know she's the same age as Telstar 1. So thanks for that tidbit!) XO