08 December 2023

Christmastime Friday Funny


This is one I've seen before, and may have even shared before, but it's a favorite. ❤ 

Today is going to be busy with a few things to pick up this a.m., and then I plan to wrap some gifts to send this afternoon. I like wrapping gifts - I get myself situated with the things I need, put on some holiday music or some Vlogmas podcasts, make myself a nice cup of tea, and I'm off!

This weekend our only specific plan is to decorate our tree. I have already put out 99% of the rest of our decorations (some are in boxes with ornaments), so that's all that's left. I'm guessing that The Tim may do some baking on Sunday while I'm at work, and I'm hoping to start my baking next week. Although I have it in my head for today or tomorrow to make some gingerbread muffins, so I may get a head start on that, we'll see. 

What about you? Anything exciting happening at your house? Whatever is or is not happening, I hope your weekend is a good one!

5 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Tonight is our shopping for all the food and baking bits we need for Christmas. Saturday we have to go for an hour drive to pick up some car parts, and will probably do some antiquing on the way home.
And Sunday, I need to get a move on on my Christmas sewing!

Vera said...

I'm hoping Fletch will get our tree this weekend - we have decided a table top tree is best with Mabel...last year we didn't have a tree since we were in Texas. I hope she behaves. I'll meet with Dee tomorrow (always fun) and maybe start some baking next week. I have a few more gifts to wrap to send and then will have 5 boxes to ship out to various locations...next week. Then I can concentrate on wrapping for the kids, Fletch and Mailing's family.

Araignee said...

I opened the closet this morning where I keep the tree and the decorations and then shut it again. The spirit hasn't moved me yet to put it up. We are just starting to put away all The Mister's post surgery re-hab stuff that is everywhere. Maybe next week.

KSD said...

Well, the weekend of the Army/Navy game is usually when I decorate the tree, but I spend things up this year. Since Christmas won't be here this year, I've scaled back.

Kym said...

I have decorated my house with lots of twinkly lights and candles -- and some of the Christmas bits-and-bobs I like best. We haven't put up a traditional tree in 8 years! It made me more depressed than happy . . . putting it up without the kids to help, and then when my mom died, I just decided I was done with it. I've never regretted it. I do have a large, white, lighted birch tree that I have up all winter long in my living room, though. It is simple and lovely. Some years I hang glass ball ornaments on it, and some years I don't. Just depends on my mood . . . (The birch tree is in place this year, but not decorated. Yet.) Have a wonderful weekend full of your holiday activities, Bridget! I'll think of you while I do some wrapping of my own. XO