06 December 2023

So Here's the Plan


It's that time of year when my regular to-do lists have a lot of extras added to them for the holidays. The good news today is that I've already accomplished a few things: I knitted for 30 minutes on a Christmas gift for The Tim, went to a dr appt, returned something I'd bought for his birthday that was the wrong size, exchanged something else for the right size, and picked up a package from the Amazon locker. I am one of those people who are just extremely happy when I can develop a route from one place to another that allows me to do multiple things.

I just finished my lunch, which was delicious. The little market near our house has "Sushi Wednesdays" when their prepared sushi is $5.00, so I stopped there after the Amazon locker because it is almost next door. It was pretty tasty, and now I'm giving myself a little break. Then I'm planning to spend an hour unpacking some Christmas decorations, which I'm sure I will have a lot of assistance doing. We got a tree this past Saturday, and right now it's still bare, but I want to try and get the rest of the non-tree decorating finished before the weekend so we can concentrate on that then. Needless to say, the tree in the stand has provided a lot of hilarity for the cats, what with ambushing, attacking, and batting the branches. Though Esme is still SHOCKED that such a thing would come into the house! 

Then I am going to make some potato-cheese soup to have for dinner with some fresh bread that The Tim baked yesterday. I love soup anytime, but on a cold day, it seems like an especially cozy meal. 

Tomorrow I'm meeting a couple of friends and former yarn store workers for a festive lunch. We wanted to get together before things got really crazy, since they both travel/have lots of guests during the holiday season. I'm looking forward to it since we haven't been able to get together since sometime in the summer. They are both a lot of fun, and always have stories that are fun to hear.

So that's what's happening around here, along with the usual things like cleaning up, doing laundry, etc. The nice thing is that since we don't have guests coming to stay or anything like that, I don't have to get things done right now at this minute, so it's all more doable and enjoyable for me.

I hope your week is going well, and that if you are busy with holiday preparations, you are able to enjoy yourself. Time for me to get moving! 😊

4 comments:

Kym said...

It sounds like you have your holiday planning in good order, Bridget! I can just picture your curious kitties exploring the Intruder-Tree. What fun. (And count me as one of those errand-route-planners! My motto is . . . if something can't fit into my neatly planned and organized route, it'll just have to wait for another trip!) XO

Kim in Oregon said...

My Tim is out of town this week so Christmas prep is kind of on hold, although I did get a bunch of cards written today. We do have small potted trees to decorate as well (because Scout) but at this juncture I feel like I have all the time in the world (did I just curse myself?).

Araignee said...

Whew....that's quite a list of accomplishments! I wish I had am Amazon locker close by. They keep getting their Prime trucks stuck in my yard. I had to block off the driveway so they can't get down it now that it's dark so early.

KSD said...

Look at you, flitting all around and being productive! I, too, like to get all my errands planned out on a coordinating route.

Potato / cheese soup sounds just delicious.

None of our cats have ever bothered a Christmas tree, though our Gable liked to drink the water out of the tree reservoir.