Brigitte recently tagged me for a meme that is going around - her way of putting it was that she wanted to know more about me. And frankly, who doesn't ... ?
The rules: Posted at the beginning. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blog and leaves a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer. Play nice, children.
1. What was I doing 10 years ago? Let's see, that would be 1998. I was working at the Biomedical Library at the University of Pennsylvania, and planning a trip to Arizona in July for my nephew's wedding.
2. What are 5 things on my to-do list today - in no particular order? Since it's evening, and there is nothing on my to-do list except go to bed, I'll choose 5 things on my to-do list for Wednesday. Those would be: exercise before work, go to work and not kill anyone (sounds like two things, but it really is just one. Trust me), go to Sebastian's choral concert, go with The Tim, Seb, and Karen for dessert and tea afterwards (we always go to the same place, it's a tradition), come home and go to bed.
3. Snacks I enjoy - Yes. Oh, some examples - chocolate, M&Ms, and this time of year, Rita's water ice or a gelati. Mmmmm, Rita's ...
4. Places I've lived - Wheeling, West Virginia; Teaneck, New Jersey; Chicago, Illinois; Notre Dame, Indiana; Washington, DC.
5. Things I would do if I were a billionaire - The very first thing I would do is write a big old resignation letter for my current job. Then I would likely give some of the money away, to some special charities and to family, travel, and put enough in the bank so that I don't have to live in a discarded refrigerator box under the overpass when I'm old(er).
6. Peeps I want to know more about - Well, practically everyone I know who would be likely to play along has already done this (I really need to get on the ball faster with these things!), so I'll tag the following people:
One of my new acquaintances in blog land, Marji; Carol in Florida (and I can't remember if you already did this one or not, sorry - but if not, now you HAVE to!); Kathleen, because she has recently moved, so I know she'll have something at least for question #4; Claudia, because I think her answers would be really interesting (and who knows, she may convince Mr Puffy to respond as well); and two others who shall not be named because I can't think of two more at the moment. If you realize you are one of the two others, please do your part! (Please. Think of the children, won't you?)
For those of you who are members of Ravelry, you can see one half of yet another mystery gift project for Christmas 2008 here.
If you are not a member of Ravelry, and would still like to see something knitting-related, be my guest ...
This past Mother's Day, The Tim, Karen, Seb and I did the 5K walk in the Race for the Cure, as we have for the past three years. We lucked out with perfect weather, and at the end of the race, decided this year's course was our favorite one.
At the end of the race, we allowed one of the papparazzi to take our picture (OK, so we found a guy leaning on the fence at the end, waiting for someone, and asked him. Potatoes, potahtoes.)
Left to right: Me, The Tim, Karen, Seb
After the race, on our walk home, we saw these two having a great time - you can't really see it here, but they each have an end of the same stick - such hilarity!