14 January 2011

Underwhelmed

I've been wanting to do a wrap-up of my completed projects for 2010.  Clearly, I overestimated my output - 'cause there were only ten things when I went to create the mosaic!  Oh well, here they are:


Don't get me wrong - I'm pleased with the things I did finish, including one sewing project (The Sleepy Elephant), but I guess I was working on a lot of things that are either still in progress or - in the case of the Pickle
Cardigan - abandoned altogether.

After thinking about it though, last year was kind of a weird year for me, knitting- and otherwise.  I was all over the place with a lot of things, and there were periods of time when I didn't knit much at all.  So maybe ten things are an accomplishment in a year like that!

I do already have an FO for 2011, but haven't had the chance to get a picture yet. I'm hoping to get one this weekend, so I can share it with all of you soon.

In other news, it's a three-day weekend for me.  You won't hear me complaining, especially after the new boss at work was trying to get us to come in for a "strategic planning day" (puh-leeze!) ...

9 comments:

Lisa said...

I FREAKIN' LOVE MY HAT!

mary said...

I don't think this is underwhelming. I think it's impressive! I don't even want to summarize my 2010 projects because there were not that many. Each of yours are lovely! Can't wait to see the first of 2011.

Enjoy your 3 day weekend!

Bridget said...

Mary - I guess I was just surprised because for some reason, I thought I had finished so many more things. Though now that I try to think of what those "other" things were ...

Lisa - I have to say that the things I made for other people were successes, which means there didn't have to be a lot of other things.

Quilting Mama said...

What a lovely collection of finished projects. With all the others changes, I know I don't have that much finished this year.
Another "strategic planner" what the heck is with these people? That's what upper mngt call all those meetings they hold and get nothing done in so why to the daily drones have to be pulled in? Oh yeah - they want you to feel included and thus blame point when they do follow through. Hope you can escape this next week or whenever it comes back.

SissySees said...

I was underwhelmed by my production last year too. I'm finally ready to do some year in review stuff... I think.

Carrie#K said...

Didnt you finish Dot & Pickles? Last year was a blur.

3 day weekend, yes! "strategic planning day", no.

Kim said...

The skull hat alone makes up for any empty slots.

Lorraine said...

Bridget- Quality, not quantity.

It sure is an accomplishment- they're all great projects.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

So we're never going to see you Pickled???? How unfair life is ;)

Like you last year was not a busy knit year for me either - primarily because I was chasing a naughty puppy about. Maybe this year we'll both have more knitting time!

Hope the new job works out ~ was his suggestion for real (insert: roll eyes).