Hello Sports Fans! I'm still here, just not organized enough over the last few days to post. And the worst part is, it's not like I've been busy with other things, and not able to fit in posting. I've just been truly disorganized.
Anyway, remember this post? Well, even though it is not technically the end of summer, it's nearly September 1/Labor Day weekend, so I think we should review and assess.
1. Lose 6 pounds. Almost a complete success - I've lost 4 pounds. I'll take it.
2. Finish my Narrangansett sweater. Nope. Didn't even pick it up.
3. Take better care of my nails. This started out not so well. A friend talked me into a gel manicure. It looked nice, lasted a long time, and then when it came off my nails were in pretty bad shape for about a month! They are much healthier now, and I've done a pretty good job taking care of them.
4. Try to be more creative with my CSA items. Yes and no. Yes - I've done well when making an effort. No - laziness has won out most of the time. However, it lasts through October, so there is still hope!
5. Get rid of stuff. OK, but not great. However, this weekend is a three-day weekend here in the U.S. because of Labor Day, and The Tim has to work. I have big plans, let me tell you!
6. Try to be nicer. Doing OK, much better than usual in a summer when it is too hot and humid all of the time. Most of my success is a result of just keeping my mouth shut in the first place ...
7. Clean up/fix up the garden. Not really. Took some early steps, and it was a) overwhelming, we had neglected it for so long, and b) then it got too miserable for me to be outside. I do plan to start doing more this fall, and maybe seeing if I can afford someone to come and give me a consultation/suggestions early next spring.
8. Visit the Barnes Foundation. Nope.
9. More trips to the shore. Two words for you here: Foot brace. Nope.
10. Try to have realistic expectations about all of the above. This was a success. I didn't get down on myself about any of it, and usually I really get frustrated when I try to get things crossed off a list and don't have perfect results.
So I am pretty OK with what did/did not happen this summer. To be perfectly honest, I'm happy I got as far as I did with things!
What about you? Did you have the kind of summer you'd hoped?