This week, I wanted to do something a little bit different with my Friday favorites. As you may or may not remember, when Google Reader died, I signed myself up with Bloglovin. Because it was different, it was "hard" to use at first, but now I am quite happy with it. However, much more than before, I tend to keep things that interest me marked as "unread." I realized the other day that the ones I had were ones I thought worth sharing, and decided to save them for today.
So here are some links that I thought you might enjoy, find useful to know, learn something new from reading. Enjoy.
1. I know a lot of people have stopped sending holiday cards through the mail, due to postage rates, worries about wasting paper, or just because they no longer feel it's necessary. I love sending and receiving paper cards, so I was happy to find out that you can send them to St. Jude Children's Hospital where they can be happily repurposed. And since they use all cards, all year round, there's never a bad time to pass yours along! Even a cynic like me approves of this idea.
2. The other day on her blog, Steph posted this. Even a slowpoke knitter like myself can make some tiny hats, and if they do some good, even better! So take a break from your big projects, and use a few minutes to knit a little hat to make others aware of this aspect of their world they have likely not considered.
3. What's On Your Bookshelf? (for people like me, who love to snoop ...)
4. This is something every pet owner should read, if you are ever likely to take your pet with you in the car. It was on our local news the other night, and it seems like something we should all know.
5. It's not the Elf on the Shelf ... but this made me laugh out loud, I have to say!
And on that note, have a lovely weekend! I hope you have all found at least five things that you like, have been interesting, or have made you laugh this week.