Earlier in the week, I mentioned waiting for Saturday to take some good photos of a finished project, since it was supposed to be a sunny, bright day. It was a bright sunny day. And I did remember that I'd wanted to take a picture ... at about 8:00 p.m.
So rather than wait any longer, you're getting the photo I took on the bed in the guest bedroom earlier today - since the bedspread is white, I knew it would at least show up well!
At long last, the Park Slope Blackbird is finished, blocked, repaired, and ready to be worn!
Hopefully, some day I will be able to get a better picture, so you can see the colors that run through the yarn - green, lighter green, black, and then every once in a while, a speck of turquoise.
When I finished knitting it, I laid it out to see how it looked - nor perfect, but not bad. And the little bit of yarn above is what I had left in in the skein.
Then when I blocked it, I noticed a large hole, where a stitch had dropped - ugh! (In the photo, it's in the right side, in the border.) I decided that once it was dry and blocked, I'd see what I could do. I couldn't quite figure out what to do, so I improvised and just mended it. I feel it's not really noticeable in the end, and as long as I don't care, I'm happy with it.
Project: Park Slope Blackbird (so named because I started it when we were visiting my niece, her husband, and their little girl, who live in the Park Slope neighborhood in Brooklyn ... of course they do, right?) (Rav link)
Pattern: Multnomah, by Kate Ray (a free pattern)
Needles: Size US3
Yarn: Fiber Optic Yarns Foot Notes, in the Blackbird Batik colorway
Notes: Well, you have heard the saga of how this was WIP for years, because I'd messed up the border. Once I decided I was determined to finish it, I still couldn't get the border to work. After several attempts to figure things out, I finally went to the designer's website and read through the pattern line by line for the border, and figured it out - it was punctuation that was the problem! I'd printed the pattern a while back, and a change had been made, but not noted as errata. So the copy I had read for the beginning of the 3rd row: K2T three times, yo, k1 six times, etc. What it *now* says is: K2T three times, (yo, k1) six times, etc. Well, that makes a HUGE difference! I sent a note to the designer, and she said since it was a matter of punctuation, she didn't mark it as errata. So if you had this pattern from a while back, print out the one currently on Ravelry, or you'll be as confused/frustrated as I was!
Having said all of that, I just love this shawl, and can even see making this pattern again down the road. Now that it's straight to me, it's really an easy, pretty knit, especially if you don't usually knit lace.
Of course, my assistant felt the need to "style" the photoshoot ...
Sigh. It took about 20 minutes until Jack decided to just hang with Jetsam, instead of "helping" me.
I feel like in this photo, Jetsam is the one sighing ... :-)
Right now, I'm working on the first sleeve of the previously mentioned Custom Fit sweater, and I've started another pair of socks.
The yarn is Ty Dy, which I've never heard of or tried before. The color changes seem kinda weird so far. And the part that looks tan in this photo is actually more of a medium brown. I have no idea what these might even start to look like as I keep knitting - I'll keep you posted!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend - I plan to do the same, trust me. :-)