Well, the good news is that with all of the local knitting experts that I am lucky enough to know, I have had more than one person offer to help fix my problem with the sleeves on my Edie top! (There really is an embarrassment of riches in this area with "knitterati" so to speak.) So I have full confidence that the problem will be resolved and I can finish it soon.
Meaning, I'm ready to move on with projects. I still have not wound the yarn for my brother-in-law's socks, but I did start on one of two projects I'm knitting for some friends' grandchildren, a set of twins who were due in October but arrived on July 22. So far, they are doing well, so I decided I'd go ahead with my plan and not mail the gifts until the babies were actually home. That shouldn't jinx things, right?
Anyway, I'm knitting a pumpkin hat and an eggplant hat for them. It's a boy (Camden) and a girl (Teagan) and I figure neither of these patterns are particularly gender-specific, so their parents can decide who gets what. First up, the leaves for the crown of the pumpkin hat:
Apologies for the poor photo - I was getting ready to leave the house this morning, and realized I'd forgotten to take a photo to add to this post! Having made this hat several times over the years, I know that once it gets going, it doesn't take long to finish.
Reading-wise, I am planning to read this today at my lunch hour:
I'm joining Kat and others today for Unraveled Wednesday, so go over and see what everyone else is knitting and reading!