11 June 2019

Another Tiny Needle Tuesday

I thought since it was Tuesday, and I had made a bit of progress on my counted cross-stitch project, that I would participate in Tiny Needle Tuesday.  

The last time I showed this project, I had completed half of the honeybee, and was getting ready to move on to the honeycomb "trim" on that half of the picture.  

Since then, I've gotten a good start on the honeycomb and am making some progress there.


For whatever reason, I seem to only work on this on Saturdays, and call it Stitchy Saturday in my head.  Which is fine, as there is no specific deadline on finishing it.  Of course, close-up you can see that things are not perfect, but I'm making it for me, and I'm happy with how it looks, which is what matters.  I would like to finish it before too long though, since I have some other projects that I want to make as well.  And unlike knitting, where I can have more than one thing going, I don't want to get too carried away with cross-stitch projects.  Right now, I still have to pay pretty close attention to what I'm doing, and I think concentrating on one thing at a time is the best way for me to proceed.

Over the past week, I have to say that my knitting as well as this project have gotten a lot of attention.  It's a good way to occupy my mind and my hands, and that's been just what I've needed.  Last Saturday, I got the larger honeycomb part completed as well as the smaller bit at the upper left. 

Am I the only one who thinks the larger honeycomb part as it is right now looks a little bit like the state of Michigan appears on a map?  I find that quite amusing, I have to admit.  I'm sure once it's all completed that won't be the case, but right now it makes me smile whenever I see it.

And I might as well share two of the future projects I am planning to do once the honeybee is finished.  The first is going to be a gift for my niece Amanda.  She loves witchy things and Halloween decorations, etc.  I saw this and thought of her right away, so I definitely want to do this one as a gift for her.  In theory, for this year, but then again, whenever.  She doesn't know it's coming, so she can't be disappointed if it doesn't show up soon, right?

The other one I saw in this Instagram post, and decided to order it.  There is a renovation starting at work (don't ask) and I thought that when it was over, I could hang this one in my office, because it seems particularly appropriate for a cataloging librarian, don't you think?  Though let's face it, I would make it and hang it at home anyway, even if I worked someplace else in some other job, because, well, BOOKS. 

I like having these two things in mind as next up, because it encourages me to keep going on something that I had forgotten that I enjoyed doing.  I haven't cross-stitched for years, and am so glad to be needling along again, and am glad that Dee encouraged it with Tiny Needle Tuesdays.

7 comments:

AsKatKnits said...

Beautiful work! AND - that books stitching...perfect!

Dee said...

That Witches cross stitch is fantastic.

Your bee is coming along nicely. I'm glad you picked up the teeny needle again. I always get wrapped up in my knitting and forget how much I enjoy cross stitch.

Not much progress for me this week. Hopefully, next week I will have some.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

You present and future projects are fab!

Vera said...

I haven't stitched any since April!! Hopefully soon.

Your bee is coming along so well - really cute. and I LOVE the piece you've chosen to do for Amanda.

Araignee said...

I am the same way when it comes to projects. Every one of them have a time and a place and it's doesn't feel right if I try to change it. I worry about the state of my brain sometimes.

Nance said...

I haven't accomplished any projects in so long. I think I have taken a Needle Hiatus.

Your Bee Needlepoint is really coming along. It's going to be lovely.

kathy b said...

Bees bees ! Love them. I stopped at a small house that sells HONEY. Got an earful but it was interesting. Got some small jars for Fireman for fathers day. Also bought some honey sticks he can use while cycling!