27 June 2019

In a Bridget-centric World ...

I often think that if only I could be in charge of things, the world would be a lot different.  For the better, of course ... well, for me.  But in a Bridget-centric world, who else matters????

Anyway, in said world, certain things would be required by law.  I decided that for Three on Thursday, I'd share three of them.


1.  All restaurants or places serving beverages would have lemon slices available all year round for your water, hot/iced tea, or any other beverage you purchased.  They wouldn't have to be large, just enough for the flavor in your drink.  And there would be no extra charge.

2.  All women's clothing would have pockets.  Period.

3.  Sidewalks would be divided like some highways are, but instead of HOV lanes, there would be a lane wide enough for a single person to walk at a reasonable pace, so that if you are behind someone or some group who is taking in the sights, or frail/disabled, or just lollygagging about, you could move into the other lane.  This would be strictly enforced.

I would try my best to be a benevolent despot, honest.

Oh please ... ;-)

8 comments:

Bonny said...

I would gladly live in a world in which you were in charge! I wholeheartedly agree with your first three declarations, and especially with your overall use of reason. Please let me know how to make this happen. (Then we can bypass this whole long and frustrating campaign and election nonsense.)

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I agree on everything except the pockets. As a wide-hipped person, pockets in dresses pretty much every pocket ever put on a dress is at the hips and makes my look that much wider!

AsKatKnits said...

Sign me up! :)

kayT said...

I will gladly vote for you for President, or Queen if that's what you would like to be, if you will actually ensure that all women's clothes have pockets.

Araignee said...

A big YES on the pocket thing. I was trying to explain the other day to The Mister about why I always wear an apron at home. I NEED POCKETS. By the end of the day they are full.

Kim in Oregon said...

I'm digging Bridget World.

Tired Teacher said...

Pockets ARE a necessity!

karen said...

Bridget world sounds just as awesome as Karen's world where no one drives under the speed limit and people turn their cellphones silent in movies.