18 June 2019

... of the Day

Do you ever look at the various "of the day" things?  I find them interesting, when I do think to check, because sometimes they are right on target and other times, I'll think who finds this the least bit interesting/true/appropriate??? 

Today was one of the days I looked, so let me share with you.  These are not from regularly visited sites or anything, just the first results in a Google search.


Quote of the Day:

We cannot live only for ourselves.  A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men.
-- Herman Melville

My take:  OK, I guess.  It's not really making me want to change my whole life though.


Joke of the Day:

I should have known better than to flush my wooden shoes down the toilet.  Now it's clogged.

My take:  Funny if a kid told you.  Otherwise, worth a smile.



Bird of the Day:

Northern Beardless-Tyrannulet

My take:  I have never heard of, or seen this bird, but I am guessing that is since it is native to the Southwest.  I do like him/her, though.  Admittedly, I like birds, so I may be biased.\


Animal of the Day:

Another bird - the California Quail!


My take:  I LOVE the little doodly-doo on his head!!


Botany photo of the day:


My take:  I have never seen these, but they look like mushrooms that had some "wacky mushrooms"!


Astronomy photo of the day:


My take:  WHOA.


Born on this day:

Lou Gehrig, Paul McCartney



My take:  Happy Birthday!


On this day in history:

In 1983, Sally Ride becomes the first American woman in space

My take:  YES!


Weird fact of the day:  "Almost" is the longest word in the English language with all of the letters in alphabetical order.

My take:  I am quite possibly the only person in the world who is extremely pleased to know this.


Word of the day:  Precarious

My take:  OK, sure.


And that, ladies and gentlemen and children of all ages, is my Post of the Day!  :-)

12 comments:

AsKatKnits said...

LOL I love this post! Your take is the best!

Vera said...

Great/fun post Bridget. I never think to look at these things. The doodly-do IS great and that moon pic? Fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Quote of the Day:

True, but you’ve got to find a balance between yourself and the world!

Joke of the Day:

This is what the kids today call a “Dad” joke! (I liked it!)


Bird of the Day:
Beautiful, but I find it odd that a bird that lives in the southwest is called “Northern”

Animal of the Day:

I love quail. They are just so ridiculous!
Botany photo of the day:
I love fungi in all its amazing shapes. (Except black mold in my house, and green stuff growing on my bread)

Astronomy photo of the day:

Wowza!

On this day in history:

Now I’ve got Wilson Pickett’s Mustang Sally stuck in my head…

Weird fact of the day:
That is an incredibly satisfying fact.

Word of the day:
I think that’s the word of my life

kathy b said...

That was very fun!!!!

Araignee said...

A while back I bought an Echo show and Alexa is always trying to get me interested in this very thing. I have to say I've been pretty successful at ignoring her so far.

Mereknits said...

I love that little doodly-doo also. Love this post Bridget, you made me smile.

karen said...

snort, the joke was quite 'punny'.

Nance said...

Oh, I love knowing that about Almost! Thank you.

Kym said...

Not the only person! I am delighted to know this fact about ALMOST! :-)
(Also. That doodly-doo! Love.)
XO

KSD said...

You rock SO hard.

Jeannie Gray Knits said...

I love weird facts. Of course, I can't remember them, but I love reading/hearing them. Fun post!

Caffeine Girl said...

I really like the factoid about already, too.