09 January 2020

In Which I Am Further Puzzled by People


Hello all!  Here's hoping that you are doing well, or at least not terrible.  Today at Carole's blog, people are participating in Three on Thursday.  I feel like I haven't done that for a while, so here are three ways that I am truly puzzled by people.

1.  When they are dressed in a fur coat, walking a short haired dog who is clearly way too cold, and the dog has no coat at all.  First of all, don't get me started on fur coat-wearing people.  BUT - if you can afford a fur for you, you can surely afford a coat for your pup.  No, the fact that your pup has fur does not mean they are automatically insulated.  Short-haired dogs, regardless of size, don't have enough fur to keep warm in cold temperatures. 

2.  When you say "excuse me" to someone to their face approximately four times before they even react, and then they give you a dirty look as if to say you are the one being rude.  Yesterday on my way home from work, I was waiting to cross the street when the light changed.  A couple was standing in front of me, talking.  When the light changed, they made no effort to move, so I very politely said, "Excuse me."  They both turned and looked at me, and kept talking, without crossing the street or moving out of the way.  Finally I said it the fourth time (having decided that instead of a fifth time, I'd just push them, even if into traffic), and they both shot dagger looks at me.  They did finally move so that I could walk by, and as I passed them, I heard the one say, "Honestly!" 

3.  Why someone spends money every morning on their way to work to buy a muffin to eat when they get here, then throw the entire thing away once they arrive, since they have "changed their mind" and are not hungry.   One of my co-workers does this.  She apparently does not eat breakfast before she leaves for work, so she buys a muffin every morning.  Then she gets here, decides she's not really hungry and throws it away.  About an hour later, she always proclaims that she is starving and cannot wait until it is lunchtime.  Seems like she could save a lot of money by not buying a muffin if she is only going to toss it.  It's a waste of money as well as food.  I just don't get it at all.  No one else in our dept thinks it's weird at all.  Maybe everyone else has endless pots of cash, who knows?

And that is my latest installment in Weird Things People Do and Why I Am Not the Worst Person on the Planet, part of an occasional series ... ;-)

7 comments:

Vera said...

People are Strange! (the Doors)

Araignee said...

Oh, dear. You did have a run in with some odd ones. I agree with the dog coat thing. I see it all the time. Even worse are those morons who don't realize how hot the pavement gets and walk their dogs on it in the heat of the day in the summer. I always take off my shoe and test it with my bare foot before I let Pup on it. If it's too hot for me, it's too hot for her.

kathy b said...

she could just give me that muffin. MMMMMMMM. Baked goods are my downfall.
Im telling everyone who is on my blog roll that i read when I get an old post when I go to your sight and I have to refresh to get your current post. What am I doing wrong?
Some blogs like mine, go right to the current post. HELP!

Patty said...

Hopefully the dog will nip her one day. That muffin lady needs a smack. The waste of both food and money is just plain wrong! And the pedestrians...get out of the damn way! :-)

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Point one.... yup!!! And don't forget their paws too. While they tend to be tougher than our, heat and cold can still harm them, not to mention salt on sidewalks...

Point two... you are way more patient than me. first, they get a polite excuse me. Second, they get a louder, more forceful excuse me. If they ignore that, I just push past them - usually with a well placed elbow. And the fact that they looked at you after the first, and then ignored you... oh then I'd go straight to elbow.

Point three... her waste of money doesn't bother me... that's her problem, and really, she's contributing to the economy, so... but the waste of food gets to me. And then to complain about it not long after. And it is definitely weird that no one else sees an issue with it.

AsKatKnits said...

What Vera said... oh boy!

Bonny said...

I HATE to see food wasted! If the muffin was wrapped I would be so tempted to dig it out of the trash (thereby ensuring that my coworkers would think I am the weird one). I have new respect (and sympathy) for you having to deal with the strangeness of your coworkers.