10 August 2020

Not a Cold Shoulder But More Annoying

Hello there.  I hope your weekend was OK or at least not awful.  Ours was pretty uneventful, which as a relief after the fiasco that was last week.  Though on Saturday morning, I woke up with searing pain in my left upper arm and shoulder.  At first I thought I must have stiffened it up in some weird sleeping position, but it just didn't let up no matter what.  Grrrrr.  I kept trying to work it out, but frankly it hurt too much and at a certain point I gave up.  Sunday it was less sore, and then - seriously - all of a sudden, it hardly hurt at all and I could move it much more easily.  This morning there is a slight tinge, nothing else.  So I have no idea what that was all about, but I'm glad it seems to be clearing up, because it was annoying at best.

I didn't have a lot of plans for things I was planning to do, but since I was for all intents and purposes (as opposed to "intensive purposes") unable to do a whole lot, I decided that meant I should just read and do crafty things.  Makes sense, right?  By the end of Saturday, I had a sock finished, and by the end of the day yesterday, I was halfway down the leg of sock #2.

 

On Saturday afternoon, I finished the wording on my cross stitch project, which pleased me.  

Now I will have the border and the outlining to do.  That will probably take a while, because it involves counting and a lot of blank space, and I'm not really good at that kind of thing.  But I'm enjoying the project, and I'm the only one who will know if/where I mess anything up, so it will be done one way or the other.  

Shortly after mentioning having started Wild Game last week, I abandoned it.  I didn't like the people, and didn't like the story, and so forget spending any more time reading it, you know?  On Friday, I started Seaview House and I have to tell you, I'm finding it highly entertaining.  It's a domestic comedy/comedy of manners and I don't know if it's really that good, or if I'm just in the mood for it.  I'm about halfway through, and purposely trying not to finish it any sooner than necessary.

A local photographer posted this photo on Facebook, showing the moment a lightning strike over the Philadelphia skyline during a crazy storm on Saturday night.

I find this breathtaking.  Fortunately other than LOTS of rain, we had no other negative effects from this storm or from the remains of Hurricane Isaias earlier in the week.  I know some friends in the 'burbs are still without power, but in the city we lucked out.  I think since most of the power lines are underground, we don't suffer outages as much as places where trees fall onto power lines, etc.

It sounds as if this week we are back to hot and humid and overall ICK.  The other day on the local news, they said that there were 3 days in July when the temperature was not 90 degrees (F) or above, and that was a record.  I am not pleased to be living in these record-breaking times, let me tell you.

Hopefully in spite of any weather issues, we'll all have a week that goes well.  Part of me thinks, "Well, it can't be much worse than last week," but of course I know only too well that it can.  So I'm just going to hope for a normal, boring week where things are fine.  If it goes better than that, it will be icing on the cake (oooh, cake!).  Take care, friends!

9 comments:

Nance said...

Wow! That photo is incredible!

And what a pretty sock. All of you Sock Knitters are such a humble group, creating such lovely things only to have them hidden under pantlegs all the time. I'd be frustrated.

We're back in the Hot Box as well. Ugh. 2020--The Year Of Building Character.
LOL.

Dee said...

Glad you made it through the storm okay. At our house things were fine, but just 4 miles up the road all hell broke loose.

Hope your shoulder is getting better.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Ouch. That doesn't sound fun, but I think the universe was definitely telling you to take it easy!
The socks is gorgeous!

Araignee said...

Ouch! I've had such a bad case of bursitis in my shoulder that I had to go to the ER from the pain. If I sleep with my arm up over my head I wake up not being able to move. I used to wear a sling that held my arm down at night but that was such a pain. I hope you are feeling better soon.

kathy b said...

Wishing you a good week. A quiet week.
OUr temps are fine, but humidity is ghigh today. Very high. But supposed to break with stroms toon this afternoon

KSD said...

Letters have always been my favorite part of cross-stitch. Letters and outlining.

AsKatKnits said...

Wow, that lightning strike! Stunning!! Glad you are feeling better and I hope this curious pain does not return soon!

steph said...

what an amazing photo!!! Glad the shoulder issue self-resolved, bodies sure are mysterious, aren't they?

I so know what you mean about 'being in the right mood' for the right book....some just can't cut it one year, and another year rises to your favorite book ever.

karen said...

great lightning photo! I hope your shoulder is feeling better!!