20 February 2023

A Monday FO

Hello and I hope if you are enjoying the Presidents' Day holiday by having a day off work, that it will be a relaxing and happy day for you.

I meant to share this FO sooner, but kept getting sidetracked, so here it is for you today:


Project: Cranberry Bricks Cowl
Pattern: Rib Interrupted, by Craig Rosenfeld
Yarn: Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok Worsted in the Cranberry Compote colorway
Needles: US size 7
Modifications: None
Notes: This was an enjoyable, and if someone else was making it, would likely be a fairly quick knit. This is a pattern that is a freebie at the yarn store if you buy the yarn. It's very easy, and one of those patterns where you think to yourself, "I'll just knit one more repeat before I stop." 

In the cranberry colored yarn, it looks like a set of bricks to me. I was originally making this for myself, because there was a sample at the shop that I just loved, but once I finished this one, I decided to save it for a gift. When I make another one down the road for myself, I'll do fewer repeats because this one is just too tall for my short neck.

But it's a fun pattern, really easy to follow, and written for numerous weights of yarn. Perfect for a quick knit - or for one that will be ready for next fall, like this one! 😉

5 comments:

Dee said...

There is the danger of working in a yarn shop . . . INSPIRATION and the materials to get it done.

The cowl turned out beautifully.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Lovely finish! And you've got one gift in the box already! Win-win!

Araignee said...

How pretty! I am in desperate need of another cowl. My Honey Cowl is an absolute rag but I can never seem to work up the interest to cast one on. I've got patterns galore and even the yarn but zero mojo.

Kim in Oregon said...

Nice cowl! I do love that yarn too.

Kym said...

I love the simple look of the cowl, Bridget. You're right -- it does look like bricks! Hmmmm. . . . thinking about making one now . . . (Thanks for the inspiration.) XO