21 February 2023

The Sleepover Visitor

We had a visitor for a sleepover last night:


This is Phil. He belongs to one of my co-workers, whose dogsitter cancelled at the last minute when she was planning to go to DC overnight with her husband. Phil joined us yesterday morning and will go home sometime this evening. He is a 14-year-old Bichon mix, and extremely sweet and very chill.

The cats are puzzled. First of all, I'm not exactly sure they understand that he is a dog. I mean, dogs are BIG, right, and this is a creature that is roughly their size. It's been very puzzling. Also, he's not overly interested in being bestest friends with them, and *that* is really throwing them for a loop!

Alfie in particular LONGS to be his best bud.


And Pip cannot understand why, when he tried to give Phil a bath, Phil ran away, and jumped onto the couch! What's that about??

The Koodle seems to sense that Phil is not that interested, and though he's somewhat puzzled about that, he was mostly appalled that Phil thought he would try out the bed that the cats love - I mean, what's going on here???


Phil is an extremely good house guest, and though he is very friendly and seems to be an overall happy boy, it's clear he misses his own family and his own home. So I imagine when he is picked up this evening, it will be quite exciting! I hope sometime he can come back for a visit, but for all I know this may have caused him PTSD and he'll never want to return ... 😉

7 comments:

Kym said...

What a darling pup! And, yes, he may be traumatized (a little), but I'm sure he felt safe and loved in your home. (Phil. His name just cracks me up!) XO

Dee said...

Surely he NEEDED a bath according to the cat. He probably smelled like a DOG!!!! LOL

Oh the poor cats.

Araignee said...

My sister had a Bichon called Lily who looked just like that. She was the sweetest thing. My sister used to bring her when we took turns caring for Dad and she was always a very polite house guest. My kitties don't tolerate visitor pups at all. When my other sister brings over her chihuahua I don't see them for days afterwards. In their defense, that chihuahua is a nasty piece of work.

KSD said...

How I long for thought bubbles over Pip's and Phil's heads. . .

Kim in Oregon said...

How great of you to step in when their dog sitter cancelled! I'm sure Phil will want to visit again!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

OMG. Your cats are so good. My house would be a hiss and hide fest!

karen said...

you have such a big warm heart! I bet your coworker was endlessly grateful for the pet sit.