03 February 2023

Well, This Is How It Looks On Me

Happy Friday! I just learned that today is National Golden Retriever Day, and oh how I wish Dug and Hamlet could be here to celebrate with us. But I know they are celebrating together, and that makes me happy.

Do you remember this project? When I finally finished the project, it was already too hot to have a photo shoot where I was actually wearing it, so you just saw it finished and on the blocking mats. 

Well, last Sunday I was getting ready to head to the yarn store for my Sunday shift, and realized that I was not only wearing the sweater, but that I was also cleaned up and looking presentable. So I asked The Tim to snap a photo of me in my Steel Doodles sweater.


Not a magnificent shot, but you can see what it looks like on a body. It's really cozy and soft, and it fits me just the way I wanted it to - with some positive ease but not so much that it looks baggy. Since the initial release, they have adjusted the pattern to include a regular neck rather than only the turtleneck. The pattern is well-written and if you are not me, likely knits up really quickly.😉

In other news, I nearly had a chance to meet up with Dee this week. But I'd mixed up my timing and had to cancel. I thought I had an appt to start the process of getting a crown on a tooth for this coming week, but then I got the reminder call that it was the day this past week that I was supposed to get together with her. BOOO! But hopefully it will work out another time soon. (Though with all of the dr and dentist appts I have scheduled, it looks like most of February is a bust.)

So on to the weekend, where I have no specific plans, but hope to get some small projects cleared away. I have a dr appt this morning and then a haircut appt later, and I'm hoping to do a bit of baking in the afternoon so that's the plan for today. I know you are probably jealous of my non-stop exciting life, so I'll just stop regaling you with more details now ... 

Whatever you do or don't do, enjoy your weekend. If you are in the Arctic freeze, I hope you can keep warm!

7 comments:

karen said...

the sweater is beautiful on you!!

Araignee said...

Happy Golden Day! We're missing our Cooper also. He was such a good boy. I loved pet sitting him for Son. We had some wonderful adventures together.
That is a great sweater! I've been going through my sweater stash and making myself get some use out of them and I have to say it has been very satisfying. I always hate them right after I make them but putting some time between us has worked wonders for my knitting ego. Most of them are not nearly as bad as I thought.

Dee said...

The sweater looks great on you.

Just in time for the deep freeze. Thankfully, a short-lived deep freeze.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

The sweater look fabulous on you! I'm envious. I look terrible in turtlenecks!!!

Kim in Oregon said...

Pretty sweater and so flattering!

KSD said...

Positive ease / bagginess: tomayto / tomahto.

Kym said...

What a FABULOUS sweater, Bridget! The fit is really perfect --- and it looks just great on you. (Y'know what else? I LOVE your glasses.) I hope you managed to stay warm and comfortable all weekend long. XO