13 March 2023

Monday FO Report

Hello all! I hope your weekend was a good one. I'm starting this week by sharing a recent FO with you.

Back in 2020, I knit these "house socks" for The Tim:


He LOVED them! About a month ago, I pulled them out of the washing machine and saw that the heel on one of them was completely gone. The other one was fine, but the missing heel was not even something that could be repaired.

We were getting ready to head to Baltimore overnight a few days later, so I gathered some yarn and needles and got the cuffs started on another pair. While The Tim drove, I knit, and got a really good amount completed:


Between the ride there, the ride home, and some early morning knitting while waiting for everyone else to get up, I got the chunk of two socks knit.  Once we were home, it took only a couple of more days to get the pair finished.


Project: Replacements Slipper Socks
Pattern: Plain vanilla, with some stripes thrown in 
Yarn: Plymouth Encore Worsted in Burgundy and Kelly Green
Needles: US size 5
Notes: I have a ton of Plymouth Encore in my stash, because it's a good workhorse yarn for baby and kiddo things, as well as these kinds of projects. In my opinion, there is enough wool to make things comfy and warm, but the acrylic content makes it hard-wearing. 

I just followed the regular vanilla sock pattern that I use and added in some random stripes and I'm pleased with the results. The Tim was thrilled and immediately put them on to wear when I handed them over.

And then he said, "Even if it doesn't perfectly match, will you make me another one to go with the one sock that made it out of the laundry?"

Sigh. So yeah, he'll get a single similar sock so he'll have that "pair." Just not anytime real soon. 😉

**********
Milo would like to thank everyone for their birthday wishes. He had a good day on Saturday, with lots of cuddles and treats, some special food for dinner, a mini-birthday cake with candles and singing, and a catnip mouse gift. 


"For the record, I didn't share with Pip and Alfie. Mom and Dad
gave them treats too, but *I* did not share any of my goodies!"

5 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Wow those went fast! Good job!

Dee said...

The birthday boy does not ever have to share. LOL

Araignee said...

Those are some good looking socks! I knit a similar pair for my mom once and a heel disappeared on that pair too. I wonder if it has something to do with the thicker yarn because I've never had that problem with regular sock yarn with nylon in it. I wash the heck out of them and never had a hole.

Kym said...

Quick socks! I love them -- and it'c obvious that Tim does, too. (No way you can just knit a replacement heel??? I see so much clever "mending" fixes around these days . . . maybe something could work???) XO

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Milo is a very handsome birthday boy!

The socks looks great! It's always nice when you can finish a project quick