28 March 2023

Why Ask Why

Yesterday during my walk, I saw a truck with a front license plate that said, "I'm pro-choice too!" and then showed several different types of guns. I *almost* took a photo of it to show you, but then decided that it was so disgusting, I didn't want to waste my time and a photo.**

Then I got home and heard about yet another school shooting, this time in Nashville at a church school, but with the "twist" of a female shooter this time. Oh wow, such an interesting novelty.

And again, people will say "This is not who we are," and as I said in the comments on Kim's blog, if this isn't who we are, then who the hell are we? 

I guess we're "pro-choice" like that license plate on the truck. How absolutely hilarious, right?


**But if you want to see what it looks like, you can see it here, and even buy one for your very own self. And if you do, please feel free to unfollow me everywhere. Thanks.

5 comments:

Dee said...

I have no words. That level if ignorance seems to be growing by leaps and bounds.

Araignee said...

I've had to stay away from the news today. I'm sick of all the excuses as why we are the only country in the world this happens in but now we've got the added twist of more trans hate. We have several trans friends and for as long as I can remember these people have lived in peace and acceptance. Now thanks to some vile loudmouths trying to score cheap political points these dear people have to live in fear. I am beyond disgusted.

KSD said...

I have taken so many deep beaths, and the anger will not subside. You're right --- this IS who we are.

Kim in Oregon said...

I just feel such a lack of agency in this. I write and write and write and my elected officials are "we agree with you but what can we do?" and maybe the answer truly needs to be "if you can't do this then I'll vote for someone who can and will." But even as I write that, I wonder if it will ever be truly possible.

Kim in Oregon said...

I just left a comment but hope I didn't click off before it got to you.