28 January 2007

As Promised ...

Here you see the scarf I recently completed, and mailed to the Red Scarf Project, being modeled by The Molly Hanger. (The Molly Hanger by the way, is named for Molly Bloom, the first cat we had when we got married. She looked just like this kitty. She was an amazing cat, and we still miss her. But this is a nice way to feel like we can still see her, after a fashion, of course.)

The pattern used here is the One Row Scarf pattern posted by the Yarn Harlot a while ago. It's a great pattern, because it's interesting enough to require some degree of attention, but not so involved that you can't do anything else. The fabric it creates is a nice, cushy type of knit, and I have decided I may have to make a scarf for me using the pattern, I like it so much. Hopefully whoever receives the scarf will enjoy it.

You may not think that this is any great accomplishment, but it's not even the last day of January, and I have completed 2 projects!! For me, it's a major milestone. I may just have a glass of wine to celebrate ...

I have decided that besides just trying to knit from my stash, I'm going to try and finish some of the many projects that are sitting around looking sad and lonely and unfinished. So this afternoon, I picked up a hat I'd started a few months back, and had set aside. I was very proud of myself, because I finished the bottom ribbing, and was starting the actual body pattern. Until I lost count and had to rip back. I have decided, however, that I am not going to let this hat claim victory. I will, however, wait until another evening to attempt another try at the pattern, because I just think I'm tempting fate to pick it back up tonight. Then I want to start a pair of socks for myself, since a) I hardly have any handknit socks (most of the ones I've made have been gifts), and b) once I get started, I can usually handle plain socks without too many, ahem, problems ... that way, I will have the hat to work on when I can concentrate more, and the socks to knit when I want to knit and watch TV or a movie.

I would like to say that maybe I'd have one or both projects done by the end of February, but I really don't want to feel like I have a deadline, since I don't! I enjoyed making the scarf, but the last few things I've knit have had deadlines, so it will be nice to knit without one for a change!

And that, my friends, is it for tonight. It's just about time for that celebratory wine. :-)

5 comments:

Scarlett said...

I think the scarf is lovely having lurked and watched it grow.

I have two projects done, as well, and am aiming to finish another two by midnight Wednesday night.

That would be my 2nd pair of socks, ever, and another dishcloth.

Better get back to knitting.

Lorette said...

Nice scarf; thanks for the link to the pattern! At first glance I thought that was a real cat, and was thinking that you were either very brave, or not so smart, for trusting a newly knit item to your cat!

barbp said...

I love the scarf, and I'm thinking of using that pattern for one myself. I'm sure whoever receives it will love it as well.

teabird said...

That's one of my favorite scarf patterns - it works especially well with thick and thin, or interesting textures.

Anonymous said...

I'll lift a glass of Dr. Pepper to you --- congratulations!