27 January 2007

When We Left the Mini-Gansey ...

I had completed all but the sleeves during the workshop last Saturday. So that I wouldn't put it aside to finish it "soon," and then find it sometime in 2010, I decided that I would be sure to finish it by adding the sleeves sometime during this past week. That was accomplished in an evening, and so here is the completed mini-gansey.

It's a little bit hard to tell from the photo, but you can get the idea of the diamond shapes and baby cables going up the front (and the back for that matter).

Here's what the saddle shoulder looks like:




And here's a closeup of one of the underarm gussets:




For whatever reason, the gussets fascinate me. It's not like it was the most difficult part, I guess it's just because I like the way it looks once it's complete.

So voila - my first completed project of 2007! Who'da thunk it?

And, there's a good chance that tomorrow, I'll be able to show you something else. Oh the suspense ...

" Thank God it is too small for me!"

5 comments:

Carol said...

How very cool! Nicely done Bridget. Finished and finished!

teabird said...

Lovely little gansey - maybe it would fit an American Girl doll?

Anonymous said...

Oh! That's so damn stylish! I especially love the lower half. Really nice.

Anonymous said...

How much more stylish could that possibly be? Brava!

barbp said...

It's beautiful. Oh behold the power of the gansey -how else could you get you know who to model it!