21 June 2007

My very first Booking Through Thursday ...

I've seen this on a couple of other people's blogs, and it interested me, so I've decided to give it a try. So here for your consideration is my response to this week's Booking Through Thursday question:

School Days, Golden Rule Days

Since school is out for the summer (in most places, at least), here’s a school-themed question for the week:

1. Do you have any old school books? Did you keep yours from college? Old textbooks from garage sales? Old workbooks from classes gone by?

The only school books I have are works of literature from college courses. Most of the time, I sold my books back to the bookstore, or passed them along to someone else taking the course in another semester. Some books from some courses I got rid of in any way possible, to block out ever having taken the class ...

2. How about your old notes, exams, papers? Do you save them? Or have they long since gone to the great Locker-in-the-sky?

The only exam I kept was one from my master's program. I took a course in Government Documents, and scored a 102 out of a possible 100 on the final! The professor had asked a question, and my response included information that he forgot we had covered, so I got extra points. At the time I was incredibly pleased, and the last time I saw the exam, I remember being amused. I'm guessing at this point, it may be kinda moldy, so I'm not sure I'd keep it the next time I come across it ...

3 comments:

Carol said...

What a funny question! I do have some old schoolbooks and workbooks. A grade school reader, some college French texts, lots of the paperbacks we were asked to read in college, even a few law school tomes.

Bibliophilia, I guess...

p.s. Bridget, do you have any books left over from reform school?

teabird said...

I think that Marianne expected everyone to have kept lots of things, and most people who've responded haven't!

Carol said...

I kept almost everything. Kate is now using some of them:)